5th Annual Swinging Bunt Super Draft Tournament

Crash1207

The BUNT Guy
SBlogo.png

When: April 29 - 30 & May 1, 2011
Where: Bloomington/Normal, IL

The 2011 version of the Swinging Bunt Superdraft will be a milestone event as we enter our 5th year and coming off a year where we were able to raise nearly $13K for St. Jude. Just as a reminder, we are the largest superdraft tournament in the country!

This is the tentative schedule as it stands now...

April 29th - Home Run Derby, demos, etc (will be evening events - working on details)

April 30th - Pool play, Benefit party

May 1st - Single elimination seeded tourney

Registration is OPEN!!!

Listing of all registered participants in the tournament and Home Run Derby

The cost this year will remain at $30. This is to cover some of the cost of fields for the three days, softballs, food, etc. As always, all proceeds from the event benefits St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

We'll have much of the same things we've had every other year.
  • Tournament T-Shirt
  • Raffles
  • Contests
  • Giveaways
  • Prizes for Winning Team
  • All-Tournament Team
  • 5-game guarantee (subject to change if we need to expand from 20 teams)
  • Benefit Party

A lot more details will follow and will be added here as well as on our Facebook page. If you haven't made your way over there, you can become a fan of the Swinging Bunt Charities by searching for it there. We're also getting on Twitter this year (coming later).

Now that we are a nationally recognized non-profit we are overhauling our website. If you want to see last year's tournament website, you can visit it here: http://www.swingingbunt.org/softball.asp

As always, this thread is the best place to ask questions and get answers. You can also come to me directly.

Last edited:

jshell73

Far from Normal
You can blame the fellas from Indiana for the colors this year. Those Rockstar jerseys were a big hit last year and we had a lot of people ask for the green and gold color scheme.

It really reminded me of your old Cornfed jerseys. ha

dustman11

This guy means business!
I thought someone lost a bet :rolleyes:

hey dusty stay on the base this year no leaving early :D

hahaha!!! You can't live it down, Dusty!! You know we will be back again this year, and we have some new uniforms for review...same basic color scheme.:D

Crash1207

The BUNT Guy
So who is doing the shirts this year?

Josh will be doing shirts, Adam just stepped up and wanted to do the logo. Josh was a little busy with some reorg stuff so it worked out.

And would it kill you to answer your work email once in awhile? :)

dds109

Love you Son...
Josh will be doing shirts, Adam just stepped up and wanted to do the logo. Josh was a little busy with some reorg stuff so it worked out.

And would it kill you to answer your work email once in awhile? :)

he is an IT guy you know they dont answer emails

Mikaka

My Dixie Wrecked
not sure who/what i'm gonna rock this year, some DB is a good option; or maybe some glazed donuts?