LTB A decent glove for Little League

Addicted to Softballfans
Looking for a decent glove for my son. He's 11, 5'3 and about 135lbs. I'm looking for something better than the cheap LL gloves the local sporting goods store sells. He has this year and next for Little League play and he plays the infield corners the past couple years. Any suggestions on size? Make? Model? Not looking to break the bank because I'm not sure how long he will be this size since his growth spurt should be within the next year or two.

Post pics and price or PM if you have anything to offer. Thanks for the help!

DatDuke

11.25 11.5, A2000 1788/1786 or HoH PRO200 pattern around $100-130 should do him just fine. A decent shape used should run you $100, they are $250 new. Let me know if you want to see a few. Or you can get New Rawlings GGG (Glove Glove Gamer) or Mizuno MVP Series that are $99 Retail. You wont need to break them in too much as they come game ready. The Wilson A1Ks DP15 is also a good choice for around $150 retail.

Reactions: #25

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah, definitely send some pictures. Hoping to stay at or under $100 and that way I can show him the pictures and see which he likes

chavist93

I recently picked up an A1k Dp15 for my son when he gets a little older. I see very little quality difference from an a2000. I also picked up an A2000 Dp15 nwt for 135 shipped. It should be here next week. I really want to see the fit difference between the two. I cant even fit my hand in the A1k.

[GALLERY=media, 27527]20170526_170047 by chavist93 posted May 26, 2017 at 5:06 PM[/GALLERY]

moren025

Addicted to Softballfans
Depending on the size of his hand, the DP15 is perfect for smaller hands (or a snug fit). Been seeing the saddle tan A2000 going for about $150 or less out there but you would need to break it in.
Another good value are the Mizuno MVP line like this one that the store sells
http://www.softballfans.com/mizuno-gmvp1154pse4-fielding-glove-11-5-rht-312258.html
Leather is more supple so it doesn't take to long to break in. Could ask Chad for best price..

mpk

Extra Hitter
Louisville Slugger Icon in whatever size/pattern you think is best based on his play style/position. An 11.5 or 11.75" glove is probably an all round good size for that age though.

The leather is nice and thick, similar to Nokona's leather. I'm not sure but I think LS owns Nokona now.

I got a LS Icon 11.25" for my son when he was 7. He's on his 3rd year with it now and it's held up excellently. Many, many years left in it.

It came fairly stiff but softened up after some couch catch. Good for a youth glove. You don't want them to be so stiff like guys on here like 'em when it's for a kid. You may have to help to get the break in started.

I think they might be discontinued now but there are still plenty to be had brand new on ebay. I think they are a good option if you want to buy new. Looks like they can be hand for a little over $100. I bet if you keep you eye out though, you can do alot better than that. I got my son's for about $55 brand new.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Louisville-...265073?hash=item43eb58a931:g:V-oAAOSwZQxW6gw2

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Louisville-...506922?hash=item43f33a82ea:g:nuoAAOSwMtxXrLFA

Addicted to Softballfans
Depending on the size of his hand, the DP15 is perfect for smaller hands (or a snug fit). Been seeing the saddle tan A2000 going for about $150 or less out there but you would need to break it in.
Another good value are the Mizuno MVP line like this one that the store sells
http://www.softballfans.com/mizuno-gmvp1154pse4-fielding-glove-11-5-rht-312258.html
Leather is more supple so it doesn't take to long to break in. Could ask Chad for best price..

That red and black glove looks pretty sweet! Thanks for the info I think that might be the one, well, right now anyway lol

David the Gnome

The Veteran
I recently picked up an A1k Dp15 for my son when he gets a little older. I see very little quality difference from an a2000. I also picked up an A2000 Dp15 nwt for 135 shipped. It should be here next week. I really want to see the fit difference between the two. I cant even fit my hand in the A1k.

[GALLERY=media, 27527]20170526_170047 by chavist93 posted May 26, 2017 at 5:06 PM[/GALLERY]
Just want to add a quick word of caution. The first generation of A1K gloves were really good quality but the ones I've seen in the store recently have been very poor quality. I would definitely make sure you can see the actual glove you're buying before purchasing one.

MaverickAH

Louisville Slugger Icon in whatever size/pattern you think is best based on his play style/position. An 11.5 or 11.75" glove is probably an all round good size for that age though.

The leather is nice and thick, similar to Nokona's leather. I'm not sure but I think LS owns Nokona now.

I got a LS Icon 11.25" for my son when he was 7. He's on his 3rd year with it now and it's held up excellently. Many, many years left in it.

It came fairly stiff but softened up after some couch catch. Good for a youth glove. You don't want them to be so stiff like guys on here like 'em when it's for a kid. You may have to help to get the break in started.

I think they might be discontinued now but there are still plenty to be had brand new on ebay. I think they are a good option if you want to buy new. Looks like they can be hand for a little over $100. I bet if you keep you eye out though, you can do alot better than that. I got my son's for about $55 brand new.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Louisville-...265073?hash=item43eb58a931:g:V-oAAOSwZQxW6gw2

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Louisville-...506922?hash=item43f33a82ea:g:nuoAAOSwMtxXrLFA

I would also recommend the Louisville Slugger Icon with the same sentiments. At 11 years old, it will get him to at least high school.

I have a couple of NWT's. An 11.75" & a 12". Either one for $90 delivered. LMK.......

DatDuke

To op, hope you found that glove for your kids, if not, hit me up. I have close to 100 gloves at my disposal.