A few Z questions...

lefty_thrower

Addicted to Softballfans
Ok, so before I get started, I want to note; I have searched and searched, looking for answers, but haven't gotten exactly what I am looking for. I did get some good info, but I need get a little clarity

So, I have always swung Easton, for the most part.....Flex, Salvo, Reveal (sucks) and so on...and I am wanting to get a Z, but I have no clue as to which one (ie, 1k, 2k, 2kri, 2k+...). Seems like LS is making them as fast as new computer software...new models, versions, updates every month, lol

Can someone give me some details on which Z is which; as far as OG, ASA only, double stamp, RI (should I get a RI), which years apply, and so on? A lot of what I find is Utrip info, but I am looking for ASA bat info....as I don't play much Utrip. I have found the QC's that I should, or shouldn't get, but for the most part, everyone says the QC is potluck. I'm basically trying to figure out which one I should, or shouldn't look for and buy....Again, I am looking for ASA Z info...

Just needing to figure out which to buy if I'm gonna make the jump to LS...Thanks.

wiggie7

Addicted to Softballfans
If ur looking for asa, id rank them like this.....

2012 z1k
2011 z1k
2013 z2k (dual stamp)
2014 ri z2k ( asa only)

The 2011 and 2012 have similar feel and performance but the 2011 only comes in balanced. The 2012 comes in endload as well. If I were u, id pick up a 2012 z1k. The dual stamp is right behind it if u play some utrip, it will have the new stamps on it. Hope this helps bro

lefty_thrower

Addicted to Softballfans
If ur looking for asa, id rank them like this.....

2012 z1k
2011 z1k
2013 z2k (dual stamp)
2014 ri z2k ( asa only)

The 2011 and 2012 have similar feel and performance but the 2011 only comes in balanced. The 2012 comes in endload as well. If I were u, id pick up a 2012 z1k. The dual stamp is right behind it if u play some utrip, it will have the new stamps on it. Hope this helps bro

Thanks man....is there a Z I should steer away from.....see some bad reviews on the ri and the 2014....but again, to each their own....

wiggie7

Addicted to Softballfans
I say stay away from the 2014 models. The 2013s are hot but if u only play asa, grab a z1k. Theyre the hottest in my opinion. Ive owned all 4 models and the z1k is the best for me

lefty_thrower

Addicted to Softballfans
What type of ball are you going to be hitting? 44/375 or 52/300?

both, lol...one league hits 52....the other 44...

I think I'm gonna just stick with my Eastons, after all the research and help from you guys.....it's making my head hurt, lol:banghead:

Rega17

'MERICA
To me the 44s just don't fly off any of the asa Zs, great for the 52s though.

I'll think you'll be happy sticking with easton.

If you do have to venture out try some demarinis ;)

qhendrix

Addicted to Softballfans
I've been thinking about trying a Z as well and have the same concerns. Our league has just changed to the 52/300 ball. We can use any legal ASA or new stamp Utrip bat. I tried an OG utrip Z2000 using 44/375 balls back in the fall and was not impressed(compared to the hype). It was good but I have 4-5 bats that hit the 44's as good or better. Any suggestions?

Dakota Deerwood

Addicted to Softballfans
I've hit both utrip and asa Z1000s... If it were me I'd stop playing ASA.

In SC, ASA is non-existant, so that is not an issue here.. As for the U-Trip Z's... IMO... the 2011 was the best one BY FAR... I have a balanced and a End Loaded version... I prefer the End Load, but both bats are good.. I also have used the Z-2000... it is good, but nothing like my 2011 1K