A Quest to Rid My Gloves and Mitts of Ink and Embroidered Names

Wally Gator

Starting Player
Sometimes the price is too good to resist or the seller didn't disclose ink in an unusual location on the glove or mitt. After a lot of research, I've decided there are two ways to remedy the situation - patches for covering embroidery and leather paint for covering ink. Here's a recent 206F custom that included "SIEGEL" in scarlet capital letters. Up here, half of my son's season is in cold weather. Fastbacks are perfect for a little extra leather warmth and I love how they look. I love this glove even more with it's matching USA patch.
emfxzQO.jpg

Next is a rock'n roll themed USA custom Glovesmith. The saddle colored paint was a perfect match for the oiled leather, but I'm still going to throw a patch over it.
53yCmTl.jpg

Last up is my favorite save. A mitt from my collectible series that was covered in ink. Nothing was working including advice from the Horween family via email. From this picture angle, where was the ink? Careful, you might fall for the same thing I did when I bought it.
QBp7O2K.jpg

Wally Gator

Starting Player
“Yeah, but are you gettin' it?”- D.L.
Such a strange possible backstory. Made in USA custom to be presented to British rock band? Baseball fan not FafafaFoolin, he loves band even though they take seven years to make an album. Email being sent to Glovesmith for answers to these and other mysteries.

Wally Gator

Starting Player
Betcha the dude drives an iroc with a mullet has his Oakley blades and always wears his def lep shirt, teammates probably gave him the nickname, just makes sense to have it on the glove lol
"IROC" made me lol. I hope Glovesmith is able to respond with an answer, "Yeah it was a Cleveland fan who camped outside the Rock'N Roll Hall of Fame hoping for a catch with Joe Elliot."

Jchap

"IROC" made me lol. I hope Glovesmith is able to respond with an answer, "Yeah it was a Cleveland fan who camped outside the Rock'N Roll Hall of Fame hoping for a catch with Joe Elliot."
Did Joe Elliot grow up playing baseball in England?

Wally Gator

Starting Player
From Glovesmith, "We made some gloves for concert promoter Jam Productions. We made gloves with the names Bob Dylan, Willy Nelson, and I believe Def Leppard on them, plus others. These bands were playing some concerts in Minor League stadiums."

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Something can be popular AND good. But just because something is popular, doesn't make it good. I honestly didn't think this needed to be spelled out.

Jchap

Something can be popular AND good. But just because something is popular, doesn't make it good. I honestly didn't think this needed to be spelled out.
Would you also say that something can be popular and good in the eyes of 100 million people, but not good in the eyes of a handful of people?

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
McDonald's is best eaten alone in a car, surrounded by nothing but your own shame and self-loathing. Not coincidentally, that's how most Def Leppard fans listen to their music.
Probably THE post of the day, I'm going home!

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
Dang Wally, I thought we were going to stick with the Rock & Roll theme!? What's that last camel and black H-webbed glove, looks like an 11" version of Anna's glove.

Wally Gator

Starting Player
Dang Wally, I thought we were going to stick with the Rock & Roll theme!? What's that last camel and black H-webbed glove, looks like an 11" version of Anna's glove.
That is a tiny SLCS that was supposed to be 11.25, but tapes at 10.5. I use it as a trainer with my son when we work on his glove game. The others are ahead of the game as I expect MLB to go the NASCAR route in a few years.

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
I expect MLB to go the NASCAR route in a few years.

I certainly hope not, NASCAR is in the toilet right now! They got away from their roots! For YEARS a group of us guys would meet at my BIL's garage, grill and drink and watch the race, every Sunday, there was always a pretty good sized pool of money that someone would go home with. These guys, more than me were serious die hard NASCAR fans, I bet these guys haven't watched a race at THE garage in 5 years, it's dead!

I'll watch the start and the last few laps of Daytona and the All Star race in Charlotte, that's about it!