A2000 1799 Blonde palm lining

Felks32

Addicted to Softballfans
Have a question...just picked up a retail A2000 1799 Blonde, the one with the black and red logos and black lace and stitching. Beauty glove. Anyway, the palm/finger lining is really soft, but basically only from where the finger stalls start, to the finger tips. The palm area is nice and firm. The rest of the glove is stiff too. As in, never seen a human hand stiff.

Maybe i'm just spoiled by the All-OT SP125, which is hard as a rock, but this palm lining is softer than I expected. Did they tend to use softer leather in the linings of these retail models, or is this a one-off, that likely if I found another one would be totally different.

Also, this could be all in my head and i'll just go about my business, LOL.

Thoughts?

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
We all chimed in for pro stiff on the SP125. Chad said Wilson said the factory whacks are not as many for pro stiff. Factor that in with a nice thickness that OT gloves tend to have (no idea why but almost all the retail OT leather seems thicker than the other colors).

Felks32

Addicted to Softballfans
We all chimed in for pro stiff on the SP125. Chad said Wilson said the factory whacks are not as many for pro stiff. Factor that in with a nice thickness that OT gloves tend to have (no idea why but almost all the retail OT leather seems thicker than the other colors).

I'm good with the pro stiff. I'm pretty OCD with my gloves, so when we had the opportunity to get a pro stiff, I'm all for it.

Perhaps it was maybe that this particular glove got a little more "hand shaping" than others, but the leather in the finger linings almost has a different texture, and is much softer. To the point that I looked for a seam. (There isn't one.) :)

Felks32

Addicted to Softballfans
Ended up taking it back...couldn't deal with it. Almost felt like the palm lining was loose...never felt anything like that.