a2000 vietnam vs others

zls1camaro

Addicted to Softballfans
hey i have many vintage usa a2000s and i have been following sales and trades of newer versions in these forums... in order to get a 2013 version. why do so many guys seem to have a deep dislike for the vietnam made versions? the pro stock leather is the same for all lines... and i now have a new braun 12.75 and this glove is stunning and the workmanship is wow. the luster on the leather and stitching is like a bmw interior.

what gives on the vietnam made gloves...

Last edited:

nissben

Freakin Ninja
the ones made in japan are just THAT much nicer...i have a MIV kp92 BL and i love it, so youre not alone bro...and its definitely not just us...just because ppl chase the MIJ's doesnt mean they HATE the MIV's....if everyone disliked the MIV wilsons, they'd be up ****s creek by now lol!

17HnH

Old Made New Glove Relacing Owner
I agree. Handled MIJ & MIV (though not as much as some guys here). While there certainly is a difference, the MIV gloves have still been very nice. I would game one any day...if I didn't have a MIJ :)

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Dirty has posted pics of the insides (padding) in a MIJ A2000 (I think it was 4-5 years old) and a newer MIV A2000. The MIV padding is clearly superior -- and the quality of the padding matters. Unless there was a clear difference in the leather, I'd actually opt for a MIV version.

Jen_16

Coach
The past couple of years the Vietnamese quality has drastically improved. A few years ago the Japanese make was leaps and bounds better, but Wilson has been working really hard to level the production. If you compare the recent GMO's made in both countries it's tough to tell which is which. Stitching will still vary however the overall leather and padding quality between the two is much more comparable to in previous years.

Having said that, neither retail model holds its own to a PI lol

CatchersSB#31

Addicted to Softballfans
I still have never seen a comparison with pictures between an A2000 Japan, Vietnam, and PI. I would especially like to see the Vietnam vs. Japan...I'd doubt the difference is that drastic. This site brings a lot of glove snobs and people regurgitating the same info, I'm sure there have been bad batches in all manufactures history but the whole "Vietnam is worse than Japan" thing seems to be dramatized.

A Cy 617

Dad, Fire fighter, bat flipper.
I still have never seen a comparison with pictures between an A2000 Japan, Vietnam, and PI. I would especially like to see the Vietnam vs. Japan...I'd doubt the difference is that drastic. This site brings a lot of glove snobs and people regurgitating the same info, I'm sure there have been bad batches in all manufactures history but the whole "Vietnam is worse than Japan" thing seems to be dramatized.

Ignorance is bliss I guess.

-Arrogant glove snob.

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
I wonder if we had say 5 Wilson gloves of various countries of origin, tags removed, who would actually be able to tell where each were made???