A2K worth it???

jalexander54

Hello,

I’m currently using a 44pro c2 series that I’ve gamed for a season and a half. It’s in decent shape, I’d say it has another summer season in it. With the justballgloves a2k blem sale, I feel like now’s a good time to upgrade to an a2k, but is the quality THAT much different?

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Hello,

I’m currently using a 44pro c2 series that I’ve gamed for a season and a half. It’s in decent shape, I’d say it has another summer season in it. With the justballgloves a2k blem sale, I feel like now’s a good time to upgrade to an a2k, but is the quality THAT much different?

A2K's have a softer-feeling liner and more padding than a standard A2000. They also have a leather palm pad where the A2000 has none. Quality of construction between the two is similar, the A2K's just feel more "cushy". If you like the soft, padded feel, $260 is about the cheapest you're going to pay for an A2K.

Committed

You can get first run gloves for cheaper if your patient and not too picky with color.

SBF store sold the 2017 A2K 1799 for $229 last season.

I would reach out to Chad and see if he has anything your looking for.

MaverickAH

A2K's have a softer-feeling liner and more padding than a standard A2000. They also have a leather palm pad where the A2000 has none. Quality of construction between the two is similar, the A2K's just feel more "cushy". If you like the soft, padded feel, $260 is about the cheapest you're going to pay for an A2K.

A2K's are essentially made of the same leather as A2000's. The leather is just rated higher (top 5%). That means that it will be ever so slightly thicker & have less visual flaws. Wilson also works in the leather for A2K's 3x more. To compensate for this, they use additional internal bracing & that's what you are calling a "palm pad" is actually a part of. I would never classify it as a palm pad. It perforated & just adds additional structure to the glove to compensate for the extra work-in.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
A2K's are essentially made of the same leather as A2000's. The leather is just rated higher (top 5%). That means that it will be ever so slightly thicker & have less visual flaws. Wilson also works in the leather for A2K's 3x more. To compensate for this, they use additional internal bracing & that's what you are calling a "palm pad" is actually a part of. I would never classify it as a palm pad. It perforated & just adds additional structure to the glove to compensate for the extra work-in.

I pay zero attention to that whole "top 5%" marketing nonsense. As it was explained to me, when Wilson gets a shipment of leather they pick out the top 5% for A2K's. But since leather varies so much from batch to batch, the top 5% of one batch might be inferior to the bottom 95% from another batch.

And yes, the "palm pad" is just a piece of perforated leather. Doesn't really behave the same as a foam pad that some manufacturers use. But it does change the feel. As nice as A2K's feel on the hand in a store, I'd much rather game an A2000.

beeblebobble

Starting Player
Reading into your post it sounds like you want an H web 12.75" If you're looking for quality and longevity I recommend one of the horween options available that also has a horween liner. Easton Small Bath 16 at BE is a great deal. As is the PRO303 at DonMortons. They'll be the last glove you ever need to buy and just a tad more expensive than the A2K blem deal.

I don't think this one is since its a fall sale, but I've ordered A2K Blems from JBG sales in the past and they have been pro issue blems, though that was always in the spring.

davisrelacing

The Other Guy

Remember too that an A2000 has shell leather as the palm liner. Makes a big difference in durability.

NYC

Swag on 100.
Hello,

Yes it's that much different, an A2K is made in Japan and the leather is outstanding.