? about senior leauge bats

jojo15

Star Player
Played in a asa tourny this weekend. Its coed and its a benefit tourny and guys on a team where swinging at senior league rip-it. The ump let it go bc it had a asa stamp on it. But dudes where hitting missles at our girls.

So my question would be can you swing senior league bats in asa? Or does it only work for 35+

Thanks

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
Are you talking about this bat?

rip-it-senior-asa-softball-bat-34-26-reaper-.jpg

It's ASA approved. It's not a "senior only" bat.

jojo15

Star Player
Idk but the bat was hitting missles! I am not complaining about them using it we beat them just wanted to know if senior league bats were approved for standard asa play

irishmafia

Addicted to Softballfans
Played in a asa tourny this weekend. Its coed and its a benefit tourny and guys on a team where swinging at senior league rip-it. The ump let it go bc it had a asa stamp on it. But dudes where hitting missles at our girls.

So my question would be can you swing senior league bats in asa? Or does it only work for 35+

Thanks

To start, ASA doesn't have a senior bat list.

If there is an allowance for such a thing, it is a local rule.

Gamble

Addicted to Softballfans
Idk but the bat was hitting missles! I am not complaining about them using it we beat them just wanted to know if senior league bats were approved for standard asa play

The ASA Rip-It FP can definitely still do that.

I forgot about that one.

Rip-It-REFP131-rw-35984-40875.JPG

Ha yeah, that's the one I was thinking of. That's totally not confusing or anything...nicely done, Rip-It.

x25

Addicted to Softballfans
The black one is not a senior bat... it has ASA stamps and is legal.

Yep - it does say "SENIOR" on it, but it's an ASA-legal bat.

There's a very good chance neither of the bats you saw were SSAA (1.21) bats, OP, but you should use the advice here to check in the future.