AD Starr/ Tattoo Ball

moorerm04

Addicted to Softballfans
Just wanted to give a shout out to AD Starr for awesome customer service. I have a Benifit Tournament coming up for a great friend of mine who lost his life far too early in an auto accident. I come from a small community so as you imagine this tournament is a pretty big deal here. It is all non profit, and every penny that the tournament earns go directly to a scholarship in Eric's name. Every thing is put together by donations so its pretty obvious that we are on a tight budget. Long story short AD Starr gave us a great deal on balls for the tournament, and I had te chance to take a few out tonight and see how the perform and I'm impressed. The composite covers seem durable, and they stayed hard and flew well too. I am pleased with the transaction and product and won't hessitate to deal with them again. Just thought I would share this with you guys.

moorerm04

Addicted to Softballfans
evil probably would have donated the balls to you, but none the less glad the tourney was a success

Actually, I contacted them first and they weren't really able to work out any special deal for us. Evil makes arguably the best softball out there, and in other circumstances their ball is well worth the price. We just didnt have the funds this time.

MLAT44

Addicted to Softballfans
Hats off to AD Star....they make a great ball and have the CS to match. Exactly the type of people we need in slowpitch.

Stretch19

Grow up
Actually, I contacted them first and they weren't really able to work out any special deal for us. Evil makes arguably the best softball out there, and in other circumstances their ball is well worth the price. We just didnt have the funds this time.

contacted them or buggs directly? thats a shame you werent able to get them to help, they have always been more than generous to board members from what ive seen...like i said, glad your tourney was a success none the less

moorerm04

Addicted to Softballfans
Stretch, I sent Had talked to bobby about it a while back and he seem interested in helping out, then I sent a PM to him with the tournament details but didnt here back (Im sure he is busy). So last week I called him and the only deal he could give me was $5 off a dozen (The same promo for everyone else). I'm not knocking Bobby or Evil at all. He has been polite both times I have spoken to him on the phone, and like I said their softballs are as good as it gets. We just had a pretty slim budget and I have already shelled out a few hundred dollars myself. I think Bobby is a good dude, and I see how much he helps folks out on this board. I'm not sore at all, business is business and you can only do what you can afford to do.

Naugle40

Addicted to Softballfans
Our team prefers Tattoo balls over Evils. Every time we can use our own ball, we use Tattoos. We use the Classic M's and the 52/300 ASA.

slomaro

Addicted to Softballfans
Agree that tattoo and ZNs are the best

Evil classic Ms suck . Heavy ass raised laced crappers that rip up in one game