Buyer Beware adamj575

Status
Not open for further replies.

saint

Voted '15 Mod of the Year
7/3: PM'ed Adam about a thread posted wanting to trade his Galaxy s4 for an iphone5. Seen here: http://forums.softballfans.com/showthread.php?t=1306420

oY1ipQi.jpg

We work out deal by sending pics back and forth and tell him I'd overnight it to him to get the phone back faster because my wife is due any day, so she NEEDS her phone too. She has a work phone to call people, but doesn't keep a lot of her personal contacts there. Due to the 4th holiday, I asked to wait till Monday to ship and I could send through my work.

He checks with me a couple times over the weekend making sure we are doing the deal:

4bMN5ql.jpg
OniLhsA.jpg

I get everything sent Monday afternoon and have FedEx notify him tracking and updates to his email. He received the iphone at 3:05pm Tuesday and emails me this afterwards:

7dy5vj9.jpg

So first thing I do is look up what time the UPS store closes.

5RVdd11.jpg

I'm a bit angry, but try just being nice just to get the deal done.

The next morning after going to the UPS store, he emails me:

aN5cSyJ.jpg

wyTG0Wp.jpg

Getting aggravated by his pompous attitude justifying why he didn't do what he said he would like:

"...difference in phone values will help ease your anger" What difference in phone value? Looking it up on eBay and Craigslist, the iPhone 5 is still a more sought after phone. Trying to feed me bull**** because the price difference is minimal at best.

Then tries to get me to lie to my wife and tell her overnight wasn't available.

Or it's okay he didn't overnight it because he's giving me a SD card (close to what it comes with) and two cases for the phone that he can't use. :rolleyes: It's okay, it's not the end of the world. :rolleyes:

I have not even got the phone yet and will update the thread when I do. Just hope I don't have any more issues. Thinking she'd have the phone by Wednesday, now it's scheduled to be delivered Friday. Very frustrated by this deal and wanted to get it here while fresh in my head. If I get the phone and everything is fine with it, it's not that bad of a deal, but still think it deserves a buyer beware.

Thanks,

Ryan

Last edited:

mcm21078

Addicted to Softballfans
couldn't he have done USPS overnight for like $15?

Also he sent the email at 5:08 saying the store closed at 5 when it really closed at 6. Cost Saint a day right there.

adamj575

Worlds best dad
Really, man this is very disheartening...i accept full responsibility for sending it 2 day instead of next day....i had no idea it would cost me $65...I have communicated with him everyway I know how...i completely understand him being upset over the extra day...but in no way should a buyer beware of me...ridiculous...

adamj575

Worlds best dad
Guy offers overnight shipping then backs out? If you offer it you should check the prices before telling someone you're gonna overnight a package.

you are exactly right...I wont make that mistake again...unfortunately for me the other end of my deal is not so understanding...while I completely can see him being upset I have communicated with him and tried to explain my side...guess thats all I can do

sleepin4matty

Management Material
you are exactly right...I wont make that mistake again...unfortunately for me the other end of my deal is not so understanding...while I completely can see him being upset I have communicated with him and tried to explain my side...guess thats all I can do

I guess the question is. What kind of compensation does he get for losing an entire day with a phone that you told him he would have? It's great that you say you understand him being upset then you should also understand him putting up this thread. If you say you'll overnight it and don't then you lied and deserve a buyer beware. Just my opinion though

markcarranza80

Addicted to Softballfans
BB is totally warranted and so is some form of compensation for paying for a phone to get overnighted to new owner and not having the same done for him when it was part of the deal to begin with

adamj575

Worlds best dad
I've offered a 25 dollar sd card but he scoffed at it and I feel like he just wants to be angry...as far as the shipping...the deal was made last Wednesday...instead of shipping Friday he wanted to wait till Monday to get his work discount for shipping...I was fine with that so no harm no foul...today when I get to the ups store I am told it will cost $65 to overnight it...they told me it would be there 1 day later for $15 bucks...I made the decision at the time to save the money thinking he would be ok with the extra day...boy was I wrong...in retrospect I should have just ponied up the cash but since this is all after the fact all I can do is apologize...I guess I just look at it from another perspective but if the shoe was on the other foot I'd never expect someone to pay $50 difference for one day...it is totally my ignorance for not knowing it would be that expensive but there is nothing more I can do now...if this warrants a knock on my reputation then so be it...I will live with it and work to tip the scales the other way...

This adam dude is a double talking chump. Adam, You said you ship overnight so ship it overnight. Quit backpeddaling by saying what **** you threw in. The guy wanted his phone next day as he shipped yours next day and you got it. Im sure you make some money being a police investigator so i highly doubt 65 bucks is gonna sink you. gimme a break. If you took an oath fo become a PO then you shoulda stepped up and honored you word instead of deleting the thread as you claim and "forgot"

markcarranza80

Addicted to Softballfans
Sounds like sum1 forget the investigate the costs of shipping an item overnight and is now tryn to weasel his way out of coughing up a few bucks to compensate the Mod

JJF13

Addicted to Softballfans
I really don't see the need for a buyer beware here.

So he says he will ship the phone on Tuesday after he gets the one activated. Then he ships it Wednesday and now it is going to be there Friday instead of Wednesday when it was suppose to. Not only that he said the store closes at 5pm and there was a picture shown that they close at 6. Yet you don't see a problem? Yet you call other people stupid?

Really, man this is very disheartening...i accept full responsibility for sending it 2 day instead of next day....i had no idea it would cost me $65...I have communicated with him everyway I know how...i completely understand him being upset over the extra day...but in no way should a buyer beware of me...ridiculous...

Yes, it does. Shipping cost did suck, but you also knew he was expecting it the next day after you activated the one he sent you. Relax though. It is just a BB not a NGTG. If everything is fine and he gets the phone Friday, I would say 99% chance you won't have anything to worry about as far as deals go because you did ship the item and stayed in contact. It was just a hick up with the shipping deal.

Which is fine. He explained why he needed the phone overnight and that was the deal agreed to. I am sure if it wasn't for his wife and stuff he would be fine waiting 2 days. Saint is a good guy, but can only get away with so much from his old lady, especially who is now more hormonal waiting to pop.

People sometimes wait weeks to get a item and people tell them to calm down lol

There is a difference when someone makes a deal with the stipulation being that item is overnighted yet has to wait 2 days to get it, than someone who never specified when they needed an item and is just getting impatient.

Status
Not open for further replies.