Adding a player?

Raz9396

Addicted to Softballfans
What do you say to your high school baseball coach when he comes to you and asks to play on your softball team? He's about 60 now! :eek: :eek: He would be a last rersort fill in kinda player I'm assuming.......I almost have to out of respect, right? LMK what you guys think.

Raz9396

Addicted to Softballfans
it's league...........I'm just hoping that he doesn't expect to play all the time!!

MarlSrSoftball

Into Semi-Retirement Still activebut not League
Have you seen him play. Don't let his age fool you. We have 60 yr olds in our league that could stay with you young pups.

RogertheDodger

Addicted to Softballfans
if he's good and your not worried about him getting hurt(reaction time,vision at night) go for it. My father in law is 64 and plays with us as a EH. However,he also plays in the senior majors,so he's a good fit and brings experience to the team. He has a lot to offer. I would imagine your old baseball coach could give you that as well. Good luck.

drburges

OOH KILL EM
My high school coach was a ****. I would tell him to **** off lol if your relationship was different then I say bring him on board

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce
If he was cool. Put him on the team without question unless it's tourney ball. But if he was a ****, put him on the team and sit his ass on the bench.

joesmoe2012

Insane Dedication
I'd agree, if he was a cool coach, then yeah. But I had some coaches that I'd tell to goto hell. Only for a league team though.

MichelleG

Addicted to Softballfans
If you haven't seen him play, don't assume he's not going to have any skills just because he's 60. Age is no indicator of skill level. Plenty of 20 year olds suck. Tell him you'd like to see him at a few practices and move on from there. BE HONEST.

Ferrari1

Addicted to Softballfans
Does he still coach at the High school? Do you have any sons coming up and going to play in that program? If both those answers are YES then hell ya put him on your team lol If not then i dunno its totally your call, an its only league

22justin82

Addicted to Softballfans
On my Thursday night team our pitcher is like 60 y/o prolly over! He still snaps them off at the mound, his bat is still alive with a laser down thrid base. two years ago he had to have a procedure on his heart, he was back playing ball 2 weeks later and legged out a triple that game. this man is in better shape then be!

Remember, you are playingto have fun. If it is a league game throw the ole man in at C or DH him if he dont care. WIll he get an out at a key point somewhere in the season, YES it is inevitable. But, so won't you! go have fun

killer mike

Addicted to Softballfans
so my stepfather wanted to play for us last year. I know he played ball up to his forties and is still in good shape, so what did i say when this happened to me? :D Sure you can! Couple nights in LF and he quit 3 games later. He forgot how grueling it could be when havent played it in a while. He still played a couple of times in the fall after that tho

ldchavez3

Be A Good Person
Lots of laughs here

I love the feedback this topic is getting. Shows the bitterness towards high school coaches. A high %-age sucked...

GrinningBear

World's deadliest house husband
Agree with those who have suggested he may still be a good player. I've seen some 60yo's with fantastic swings.