Adidas Ruckus

msw4indy

Addicted to Softballfans
Has anyone hit the Reebok Barrage? Apparently from what I heard, its the same bat.

The Barrage was a very under rated bat. I loved it and found it to be plenty durable too. The last 2 or 3 I had I found cheap on the bay (60 bucks). Put a couple good rounds of bp and they were gtg and would hit with everything else I had. The last one I had that finally broke had 2K+ swings easily and still passed compression around 240ish. If this is the same bat or close to it I'll pick one up.

lakeyale13

Manager
The Barrage was a very under rated bat. I loved it and found it to be plenty durable too. The last 2 or 3 I had I found cheap on the bay (60 bucks). Put a couple good rounds of bp and they were gtg and would hit with everything else I had. The last one I had that finally broke had 2K+ swings easily and still passed compression around 240ish. If this is the same bat or close to it I'll pick one up.

Did you use it mainly as a BP bat or gamer...or both? What temps could you hit it in?

msw4indy

Addicted to Softballfans
Did you use it mainly as a BP bat or gamer...or both? What temps could you hit it in?

I used it for both, I used it with all balls and all weather. I had 6 of them total and only one of them broke early (around 6-700 and actually broke at the handle between my hands). Of all 6, 4 went to 1500-2000 plus and I sold 1 to a buddy that is still going.

mnball

Addicted to Softballfans
I had to run sorry - ok here’s what I think. I play on a 55 major plus SSUSA Adidas sponsored team and along with our new Adidas sr bats Lee gave us this 26.5 oz Adidas Ruckus. With about 125 cuts it is outhitting our 600 plus hit 2018 DC 41 and outhitting our 700 plus hit 2018;Worth Legit Branch - which is pretty impressive to me. We hit it last night here in MN in 45 degree weather - bat held up well to about 7 guys hitting it in a dbl header roughly 70 more hits. 4 guys who own some custom Pure usssa bats ordered a bat from me and I took 4 orders from guys we played against.
You can get a review from Dave on senior bat reviews and they claim its on of the best usssa bats out there.
I’ve ordered my 25.5 and can’t wait to hit it as I play in 2 ussssa leagues.

hamneggs

Both 26.5..... same weight, balance point, barrel weight and handle weight. [GALLERY=media, 32628]AA7C3F45-30D2-4E40-9CE2-7AF55BA42A25 by hamneggs posted May 5, 2019 at 6:54 PM[/GALLERY]

seniorss

Addicted to Softballfans
Played in a senior tournament this past weekend in Charlotte NC and the Adidias rep had them there.

mnball

Addicted to Softballfans
Not sure - I play on an Adidas sponsored senior softball team - thus me getting the Ruckus , but they might just want to take that particular route. Most of these other companies - thats all they do is softball / baseball - Adidas is a mule billion dollar conglomerate and probably is taking someones advice within their own softball community.

Normy

Dave from senior softball said they might be offering an ASA soon. Should be interesting..

Strom Thurmond

So went out last night and put almost 200 hits on the bat with 44/400s and GSL balls. At first the bat was stiff and stung my hands but after 100 hits the barrel still remained stiffish(not a word) but very responsive. I was so bored hitting the same bats over and over so giving this ADIDAS a try was a great experience. Is it hotter than miken/ worth:? probably not but was getting close to the same distance and exit speed from the mainline bats. If you can find these for a good price (not $250) I would pick one up for sure.

fowlball75

Addicted to Softballfans
Both 26.5..... same weight, balance point, barrel weight and handle weight. [GALLERY=media, 32628]AA7C3F45-30D2-4E40-9CE2-7AF55BA42A25 by hamneggs posted May 5, 2019 at 6:54 PM[/GALLERY]
did you scale your Ruckus? is it heavy or light?

Jprince198269

Mine lasted 150 swings. Played a friday night tournament took about 100 cuts b4 hand to loosen it up and 50 during tournament. Only hit 44/375s. Was 90 degrees out. Not worth $250 to only last that long with no warranty.