Advice on new bat bag...

bobdogg17

The Veteran
I need a new wheeled bat bag and wanted to know if anyone has positive or negative experiences with: Elite vs. Boombah vs. Bass. The looks are almost the same for all of them. Does anyone know if all 3 of those have telescopic handles? That's def a bonus if they do. My Resmondo bag I had was ok, but wasn't a fan of the bat compartment underneath that folds over. Advice is appreciated.....

wagon487

2016 Vegas Champs 60 Major

I really know nothing when it comes to roller bags. But if these roller bags are anything like their backpacks. STAY AWAY. Stay way, way away

maxbags are not gtg, these bags are bad, someone one my team got on and hated it! cheap knock off of the boombah. FIshstick5 is gtg but skip the bag.
the boombah and bass are the same bag. i think the boombah comes with a shelve. Elite has a big open space in the middle, skip on that. The tanel rage is a great bag. Use the search function, lots of threads on this

The_Natural

Weak Glove
I need a new wheeled bat bag and wanted to know if anyone has positive or negative experiences with: Elite vs. Boombah vs. Bass. The looks are almost the same for all of them. Does anyone know if all 3 of those have telescopic handles? That's def a bonus if they do. My Resmondo bag I had was ok, but wasn't a fan of the bat compartment underneath that folds over. Advice is appreciated.....

I have the Elite Roller Bag. It does have the telescopic handle. It holds about 8 bats. Although it's a pain in the butt to put 5 of them in. It's holding up pretty well so far. Wheels are noisey as I think most roller bags are. Has tons of storage room for other stuff. This bag won't fold over if there aren't any bats in it like other roller bags will.

seniorss

Addicted to Softballfans
I've had all 3 bags and Boombah is far the best bag. The Elite was the only 1 with a telescopic handle and it broke inside the bag. IMO it wasn't constructed very well. What I didn't like about the Bass was it didn't have 3 separate compartments inside the bag and when you put something inside it all fell to the bottom with the rest of my gear. Pain in the butt trying to find something. Boombah has 3 big compartments inside with smaller compartments though out and will hold 4 bats easily. I will buy another Boombah when this one wears out but I've had this one for 2 years and it's still going strong.

bobdogg17

The Veteran
Seniorss, how does the bass and boombah bag differ? The only reason I'm hesitant on the boombah bag is its overwhelming size might be too big..

iowa_kid

Manager
I love boombah roller.. I haven't had the others.. So I can't compare... No telescope handle but I don't know that it would be necessary.. Only other thing.. I don't know what others have but boombah has all metal fence hook, good for durability but if not paying attention u can put a few good scratches down the bats as putting them in if not hung up... Not a huge deal but something to be careful with once u get one

bobdogg17

The Veteran
I'll keep that in mind. The only 2 reasons I'm not so satisfied w/ the resmondo bag is you have to unzip and almost fold the bag over for bat access and the straps that the fence hooks are attached to are almost ready to rip off due to weight of the bag, yet I only carry 3 bats in it. I know the boombah bag is going to last a few yrs I'm just worried it might be a little oversized for me.

chris21

Addicted to Softballfans
I have had several rollers, easton, elite, no errors and boombah....I can tell you this much, I will continue to buy Boombah from now on. It has nice big wheels and a TON of storage room. There is a removable shelf system that keeps everything organized and in place. Right now I have 7 bats (soon to be 9) in it, two pairs of turf shoes, two fielding gloves, 3 pair of batting gloves, a bunch of balls and all accessories. So, this would be my recommendation.

bobdogg17

The Veteran
Thanks for the advice. I will def take that into consideration. Anyone have any experience w/ the bass bag or have thoughts on that?

jesseb

E Ball Hero
tanel rage is a great bag. its huge too...but i prefer my easton premier select bag. big enough holds 6 bats and pretty durable so far. im getting the speed bag shortly ill lyk how it is

seniorss

Addicted to Softballfans
Elite doesn't have the removeable shelf comfortments like Boombah. By the way a bat bag is like a garage, you think it's big enough until you start putting stuff in it then you realize you should have built the garage bigger.

landsharklager

GDC MULTI-PLATINUM MEMBER

I really know nothing when it comes to roller bags. But if these roller bags are anything like their backpacks. STAY AWAY. Stay way, way away

maxbags are not gtg, these bags are bad, someone one my team got on and hated it! cheap knock off of the boombah. FIshstick5 is gtg but skip the bag.
the boombah and bass are the same bag. i think the boombah comes with a shelve. Elite has a big open space in the middle, skip on that. The tanel rage is a great bag. Use the search function, lots of threads on this

I have a maxbags roller with the handle. The handle is nice, but unnecessary.

The top compartment I used to store softballs in fell apart and needs resewn.

It holds 7 bats, and thats pushing it. If I have 7 bats in it the middle compartment typically won't zip. 6 is a better estimate.

The side compartments with the bat sleeves are nice, but in reality 1/2" to short to easily zip the bag.

It came with extra wheels, which I have not needed yet, that was nice.

Customer service ordering it was excellent. I had a custom design I wanted on the top flap and they worked with me on that and tried to make it work.

There is no dividers in the middle, so everything is scattered in the bag. This is real bad now that the ball compartment came apart so I have a dozen softballs floating around in the bag somewhere.

The zippers in my opinion are heavy duty and work real well. I like that part.

The edges/corners are rubbed through from dragging on the ground, this is partly my fault for pulling it around but in all honesty I think it should have a little heavier duty material around the bottom edges.

I have had mine almost 1 year. used for my summer and fall leagues and BP practice at least once a week.

I bought it mainly because it came in Mossy Oak Camo.:D

geissap

Addicted to Softballfans
Does anyone know if the Beast Jr. has the separate compartments as well? Or is that just on the bigger 80 dollar bag?

Fury21

Chillin in the QC
I've had all 3 bags and Boombah is far the best bag. The Elite was the only 1 with a telescopic handle and it broke inside the bag. IMO it wasn't constructed very well. What I didn't like about the Bass was it didn't have 3 separate compartments inside the bag and when you put something inside it all fell to the bottom with the rest of my gear. Pain in the butt trying to find something. Boombah has 3 big compartments inside with smaller compartments though out and will hold 4 bats easily. I will buy another Boombah when this one wears out but I've had this one for 2 years and it's still going strong.

BOOMBAH has the best zippers of all them.

JJF13

Addicted to Softballfans
I wish I still had my trump roller with the camping chair in it. It didnt have the shelves. But I really dont see how shelves would help. All the ones I have seen where done with velcro. And when any weight was put on them (a glove for instance) they would come un-velcroed and fall down anyway.

What are the boombah shelves held in with? Any other rollers with shelves?

wagon487

2016 Vegas Champs 60 Major
I wish I still had my trump roller with the camping chair in it. It didnt have the shelves. But I really dont see how shelves would help. All the ones I have seen where done with velcro. And when any weight was put on them (a glove for instance) they would come un-velcroed and fall down anyway.

What are the boombah shelves held in with? Any other rollers with shelves?

I had that, piece of crap, one big open space, stuff went everywhere, when you pull the bag and it had the chair in it, it was top heavy and would flip over 90% of the time. the tanel bags works great with velcro. The old elite bags were great, shelves, that back didn't break, telescopic handle.
I would go with tanel! And the boombah has a shelve system that is self contained.