Advice on small chip/crack in Lady

LSU_MJL

WHO DAT!!!
I have a 26 oz LV (not the NIW) that only my wife and the girls on the coed team use now. I swung it once this season and cracked it (at least it was a HR :D)

The crack is very, very small. Under 1/4", maybe even 1/8".

My wife is a 5'5" 125 and swings like it. Should the LV last her a few more seasons or maybe one more? Should ONLY she swing or would it be cool for the other girls to swing it too?

Also, she's pregnant so she won't be swinging it again till next spring.

Thanks for any input.

noodle8

Addicted to Softballfans
if someone gives you good advice on how to stop the crack from getting bigger please let me know. I have a Scn9 that is on fire but has a crack now and im afraid to use it because i dont want it getting bigger. Good Luck.

Thump1

Addicted to Softballfans
For vertical cracks I have seen guys use Super glue on them and then use a nail file to smooth them out, got an extra season out of an OG flex that way.

LSU_MJL

WHO DAT!!!
if someone gives you good advice on how to stop the crack from getting bigger please let me know. I have a Scn9 that is on fire but has a crack now and im afraid to use it because i dont want it getting bigger. Good Luck.

Not really looking to prevent the crack from spreading but just wondering how long it will last with my little wife swinging it. This is one of the determining factors in whether or not I sell my NIW Lady Virus.

luckydog_20

I had one with what i thought was a crack and I decided to finish her off with launch 650's. I hit a dozen 650's and a regular round of BP (45 balls) and it didnt get any worse. I thought for sure i would have a broke in wo ladt virus by the end of it, but it kept holding strong.

LSU_MJL

WHO DAT!!!
Guess I can't really "objectively" comment here. ;)

:D I had a feeling you'd show up!

I talked to her last night and when I mentioned selling it her response was

"Why would you do that?" :eek:

"Uhhh...b/c you already have one, you won't be playing again till next year, and the one have has a tiny chip that probably won't get bigger with your skinny arms swinging it.."

"So...."

"Plus it's 27oz. which is probably too heavy for you"

"Sigh....whatever...."

Gonna talk to her again today. Being my bat I can do what I want, but it took me three years to find a bat she likes and I don't want it to break and not be able to replace it is my only hesitation.