Akadema Bats

DEHeart24

Addicted to Softballfans
anyone ever swung one of their bats? They have them on their website and all...

I know their gloves are legit, and nice.... Just weary to try their bats...

FreakShow34

One minute left
I hit the black/grey catapult (last years model) in a few BP sessions last year. they are total logs out of the wrapper, but I think they have potential if you can get it broken in. havent seen one on the board for sale in a while.

Gado

Addicted to Softballfans
Shave it too. Expedites the exit speed of ball off the bat. I kid. Could care less if u roll the bish.

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
anyone ever swung one of their bats? They have them on their website and all...

I know their gloves are legit, and nice.... Just weary to try their bats...

08 yellow black Catapult is a very good asa bat.

09 black and gray is an absolute ---angel soft---- nip it in the bud--- ass whipper

Rich4863

Combat Ho
I Know I did a few months back, the seller put another one on the bay recently, Im not sure what it sold for

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
heelllllllllllllllz yeah. My girl took that bat over for co-ed.

but Im not going to brag or anything

Rich4863

Combat Ho
Im going to brag on the hook up I just got from a board bro,

I bought 2 of the OG Nike Athena composites, the dark blue ones that the Arizona Wildcats used to win the Nationals a few years back, marked as 34/24, but they weigh 26-26.5 in the wrapper

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
Ok

OK so I can stick my black and silver one up my Black Hole Sun dont shine?
WTF is the Nike bat in this post for. WTF Nike who gives a Black Hole Sun?

Rich4863

Combat Ho
Yes, while I was in Seattle

rich posted about getting a SWEET deal on some nikes and i hadnt heard anything about them. thats why its in here.

A guy on here PM me asking me about the bat & told me he could get them for $50 a piece, so he bought 3 & sold me 2 & he made a small profit. The OG Nike is a very nice bat, its a step up from their older aluminum bats, I believe Combat had a hand in the manufacture of them.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
09 CatPoop

SO whats the deal on this bat. I have one have not swung much, just loose it os is it worth the time to break in? I am not looking for distance, just big sweet spot.....

Rich4863

Combat Ho
Considering the Virus FP in my opinion is probably the hottest, this one isnt that far off it. Its in line with other CE Composites bats

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
SO whats the deal on this bat. I have one have not swung much, just loose it os is it worth the time to break in? I am not looking for distance, just big sweet spot.....

I had one...for bp this winter. never opened up and broke with.....a..........lot of hits.
Virus fp is much better.

Richy...............u know I luvz the Combats;)

Its just that both Nike bats, Athenas, Ive swung, just, wansnt....... dunno. Compare to what I normally swing, they were not on pare.

Question...........................Nike site sayes they are made in usa. If they are CE.......how can this be? I figure some pr guy has no clue

Original Donkey

Older, yet still fast
2 cents

We got a package from Akadema a couple years ago, and we essentially got 3 Catapults for 300 bucks. We used them in league as team bats and they weren't terrible, but when we had bases juiced we brought out the better ones. Smallish sweet spot, but if you hit it, it bounced pretty good.

Rich4863

Combat Ho
The red Nike I have had a sticker

I had one...for bp this winter. never opened up and broke with.....a..........lot of hits.
Virus fp is much better.

Richy...............u know I luvz the Combats;)

Its just that both Nike bats, Athenas, Ive swung, just, wansnt....... dunno. Compare to what I normally swing, they were not on pare.

Question...........................Nike site sayes they are made in usa. If they are CE.......how can this be? I figure some pr guy has no clue

that said made in china. I havent seen that sticker on the ones I just picked up however, the flyer attached to the bat says made in china. Somehow I think CE Composites had a hand in them, not the same as the other Combat clones, but the sound of the bat is similar

Anyway, I know u luvz a lot of bats other then Combats