Akadema gloves

edgar86

Part Time Player
Just wanted any inputs on the Akadema gloves, has anyone used one or have one?...good quality?

TIA guys.

edgar86

Part Time Player
I really like them. Leather is really nice on the upper models I have not had any of the lower ones.

What is considered a top model ?...I really don't know much about gloves other than what I've seen a2000,vinci,m2,s2n,dgc,rico brands but really high up there on price. I've been playing with a $35 wally world wilson glove that I've had for 10-11+ years but have been thinking about maybe getting a new glove soon..

2TransAms

Droppin' 280 ft bombs
I briefly owned a Pro Soft. Despite being a good looking glove, it was very soft (guess that shouldn't have been a surprise) and had fabric finger stalls. Felt like a $50 glove, I wasn't impressed. But I've heard the higher end gloves like the Torino series are much better.

RalphG427

On the bench
The leather on the precision and turino models (these are there higher end models) is very nice but their internals are lacking, much like Vinci

edvedsfb

Addicted to Softballfans
The only two series worth owning are the Precision and Torino. Between those two it's mostly about preference. I've owned 3 now and have also sold all 3. What you'll find is that compared to other gloves in a similar price range these gloves will feel thin. By thin I mean they feel as if there is very little material between your hand and the ball. The gloves themselves aren't bad but I won't use them w/o modification because any hard thrown ball or line drive will leave you wishing you had more internal padding.

Wts, if you find one for $100-120 I certainly think it'll be worth it. If you're coming from a low end floppy glove they will certainly be an improvement.

I also have the ASR282. I needed a glove I could use within a week of owning, so break in time was important. It's been a nice glove. It doesn't have much padding in the hand, so it's best for OF use, but does the job. Sure, I could have spent $200 on a custom, but I just wanted something that would work for me quickly and it's done just that.

rush3969

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a torino I think, just can't get the feel for it. Got it for my son to use as a back up baseball glove (11.75) I still use it some to toss with him. Prob used it 15 times for 20/30 minutes at a time and still looks new.

Def a nice looking glove with a cheap feel, just not my cup of tea

Blackpearl34

Addicted to Softballfans
Just wanted any inputs on the Akadema gloves, has anyone used one or have one?...good quality?

TIA guys.

Adv33 is the best glove I ever owned. My car got stolen 3 weeks ago and the glove with in there. It comes super stiff but when you finally break it in, it becomes a part of you.

edgar86

Part Time Player
One of the best gloves besides the LS pro flare i've ever had

I know I'm going off subject....I was looking at those LS Pro Flare as well, those good for infield ?? I currently have a 12.5 wilson for infielding. Is 11.75-12.5 good option?

slick303

B(.)(.)BS
I am not a fan of gloves that flair. I know that will stir things up and people that like the flair love the flair. They will tell you that the flair will funnel the ball into the pocket. I don't buy it. Plus I think they look dumb.

BryonR41

A few times throughout the year they offer 50% off customs, I'm very happy with the precision series. Have also used Torino and patriot series, all are pretty similar. Like others have said they do not have much padding.

jayb-223

Coach
I bought a custom Torino that I have used for the past two seasons. I am happy with it, ordered a 14" for the outfield actual measurement is around 13.5". I ordered mine without any pre-conditioning and broke it in TIP and it has formed a nice deep pocket. Glove is holding up good not getting floppy as some of the 13"+ gloves are known to do.

RandomAverage

WATSIYEM??
i bought a pro-soft back in 2005 from a guy that used to be a board member here. glove is still going strong and the pocket is fantastic. will agree with the earlier post that it's a little thin so if you catch it in your palm you'll know it, but there's an easy solution for that... catch it in the web.

dirtyterp23

Extra Hitter
I know I'm going off subject....I was looking at those LS Pro Flare as well, those good for infield ?? I currently have a 12.5 wilson for infielding. Is 11.75-12.5 good option?

I'm an outfielder but you should be fine with a pro-flare in the infield. Size wise I always think bigger the better for softball.

Opie9

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a Precision Series AMR34-12.. I like it.. Nice deep pocket, I have flared the thumb a little bit.. I was used to a small 11.75 glove playing infield so I did not want to get a glove that was huge, and felt floppy.. I have had this glove for 2 seasons and I have taken care of it, oiled it, cleaned it when needed.. For under $200 it was a great purchase for me.

edvedsfb

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm an outfielder but you should be fine with a pro-flare in the infield. Size wise I always think bigger the better for softball.

Pro flares, and the flare design in general, is ideal for infield use. It creates a large surface area when placed down in the fielding position which helps when fielding ground balls.

As for size it comes down to personal preference. Most on here have varying opinions on what is too small or too big for the infield but it mostly comes down to your personal preference. Probably 12-12.50 would be most common but taking into account how the glove plays and the user's ability level is important. Too big on the infield can lead to problems, such as transfer ability which is why most people avoid anything too deep and too large. For reference, I've used anything from 11.75 to 12.75 all over the infield and have never really had any issues. I just realized that I prefer smaller gloves.

Right now I'm playing 3rd with a 12in single post Mizuno that plays large.

dirtyterp23

Extra Hitter
Pro flares, and the flare design in general, is ideal for infield use. It creates a large surface area when placed down in the fielding position which helps when fielding ground balls.

As for size it comes down to personal preference. Most on here have varying opinions on what is too small or too big for the infield but it mostly comes down to your personal preference. Probably 12-12.50 would be most common but taking into account how the glove plays and the user's ability level is important. Too big on the infield can lead to problems, such as transfer ability which is why most people avoid anything too deep and too large. For reference, I've used anything from 11.75 to 12.75 all over the infield and have never really had any issues. I just realized that I prefer smaller gloves.

Right now I'm playing 3rd with a 12in single post Mizuno that plays large.

Like I said I play outfield never on the dirt since I'm a lefty and I use the Pro Flare 13 3/4in plays huge and I love it.