Akadema Kip???

Daddyfatsacs

Cannon for a right arm
Tried doing a search and didnt find anything...anyone familar with the kip leather Akadema uses? is it any good? from what Ive read in the past Akadema's get floppy quickly? curious to know if this was with their kip versions as well?

Looking for a 1b mitt and was specifically looking at the ADJ154...never personally owned an Akadema and was curios to know pros or cons of their kip???? Thanks in advance

RalphG427

On the bench
I just got an ARZ136 (precision series KIP leather) It's a stiff glove new. Have been working it in, coming along. Hard to say if it will get floppy or not but I don't think it will. Got a great price on it so hard to go wrong.

RalphG427

On the bench
they're definately not on par with higher end wilson, rawlings, mizuno, nokona theres no doubt about that. you get what you pay for.

Daddyfatsacs

Cannon for a right arm
yea its for my brother and hes looking for something cheap....the ADJ154 can be had for $118 nwt...so...

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
not an answer to your question but take a look at the easton professional gloves. same pricepoint and i love mine. last thing anyone would call it is floppy

edvedsfb

Addicted to Softballfans
For only $118 nwt, you should at least get your money's worth well before it gets floppy. I just bought the ACM39 and have had Akadema in the past, though they don't quite live as long as some other manufacturers, I think they are good gloves. My infield model that I had in high school, never really got floppy, but that was almost 10 years ago now. Things could have changed.

tnbowhunter

Addicted to Softballfans
not an answer to your question but take a look at the easton professional gloves. same pricepoint and i love mine. last thing anyone would call it is floppy

this... for $25 more you can get an easton professional series kip. great gloves.

kshelton85

Addicted to Softballfans
I just received my akadema patriot in the mail yesterday. I leather seems nice but io guess only time will tell how long it will last. The Easton kip is very nice too though.

Mason4208

Patriots I thought were nice. Very comfortable lining. Both the prisons and patriots I've had got really soft and floppy pretty quickly. Not terribly but more than I like.