LTB All-Red Glove

dmac44

Addicted to Softballfans
Well I guess it all depends on how much you are willing to spend bro. The Woodz custom gloves or SSK custom would be a pretty good option IMO.

picture.php

I love the Woodz gloves...definitely in consideration...I'm just trying to see if anyone had one they didn't mind getting rid of...

MaverickAH

The Vinci CP gloves are decent, but most of their red gloves are from the Limited line, which are average at best and certainly nothing close to the quality of a Pro Limited ..offer 10 guys any red Vinci or a GMP55 and you'll be left with a box full of Vincis.. you get what you pay for.

"You get what you pay for."

I really don't want to make this into a pissin' match of one brand over another. There are enough good brands making very good gloves that there's something for everybody. I do know that at any given price point, Vinci puts more production $$$ into their gloves than other brands. I also highly doubt that someone looking for a 13" & up glove is going to choose a 12.5" GMP55.

We all have personal biases & preferences so it's pretty presumptious of you to assume that everyone would choose as you would! I currently have 30+ gloves spanning 12 different brands in the house. There are several different brands/models/styles which I would happily use without a second thought & I currently use multiple brands now so no fanboy of one brand over.

What if you want something that doesn't weigh 5 pounds? IJS

lol! Sarcasm noted! Please point me towards these 5lb gloves! :rolleyes:

I highly doubt that a 13.5" Limited weighs much more than 25.5oz which is actually a good weight for a glove of that size. If that's too much for you either go down in glove size or get a less substantially built glove. It's that simple if you really need the ~3oz of weight savings. ijs

Pretty nice banter here....I prefer Mizuno as well...great gloves IMO. I like the Rawlings, but was looking for something with a little more red. Red as a main color instead of the gray probably. Great information though....keep up the chatter!

If Mizuno is what you prefer, I would tell you to follow Mr. Augie's suggestion & go for a custom Taiwan Mizuno model.

Dnandez

Star Player
I havent had to "pay" for a glove in about 10 years. Since college I have had guys giving me Gloves to try out and such. The Mizuno Pro Limited and the Brand new Global Elite 7 are one of the best fielding gloves if no the best. I will never use anything else other than a Rawlings Pro Preferred at 1st Base. I have tried others and not one fits right. But as far as red gloves, I have a GMP55r and it plays more like a 13" glove and has been an awesome glove. Good luck on your quest for the perfect glove.

dmac44

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks man...I have some nice gloves, but just looking to see what's out there right now. I have a Worth Liberty White/Orange (my favorite color is orange) that is my outfield glove right now and an A2000 H-web that is my back up. I use an akadema pro for infield, i-web with black and tan. I'm not hurting for gloves, but just might be looking for a change. I've had the liberty for 3 or 4 years, so just checking...

mr.augie

Head Ball Coach
We all have personal biases & preferences so it's pretty presumptious of you to assume that everyone would choose as you would!

You're right, our personal preferences have no place in an entirely opinion-based thread..

[*]Not a fan of the Deguchi leather.

[*]I'll take a Classic Pro over a Pro Limited any day of the week!

MaverickAH

You're right, our personal preferences have no place in an entirely opinion-based thread..

The operative part of that being what "I'd" choose. No where do I make any presumption on what anyone else would or should choose.

See the difference?

mr.augie

Head Ball Coach
The operative part of that being what "I'd" choose. No where do I make any presumption on what anyone else would or should choose.

See the difference?

If you looked at the comment in context, you'd see that it was made in response to the ridiculous "Vinci makes the best red gloves period" statement. I own a Vinci and they make some nice gloves, but I don't think a majority of guys would choose a Vinci over a Pro Limited. Then again, there are guys on here who'll tell you that Roddy makes the best glove on the market..

dj714

Addicted to Softballfans
i have a mint red vince pjv16 its a 13" trap-eze that im looking to trade for a used gmp7

DS_CrunozSports

Addicted to Softballfans
Hey dmac44, if you want to try something different take a look at my website www.crunoz.com. We are a rather new custom glove company. There you could design the glove you want from the color combination to the size and web. If you're interested email me at [email protected].

Brochure2.jpg