Alpha prime or smash guerrilla 2

jkwoody22

League ball huer
Give me some reviews of these roller bags for those that have/used them, time to replace my og demarini ops bag and I’m not paying 300 for the new demar, I’m not carrying more than 4 bats, just want a bag that stands and get my bats out easy with a good shelf, tia

chile

Bad Ape
don't have the smash guerrilla but DO have the AP...great bag. holds 6 (with 2 in the side sleeve chingadera)...feels less durable than my spec ops but I haven't had any issues with it at all. the stiff shelves are nice but having a frame/shelf is much mo betta.

Mr. G

(213) L.A. Confidential
I have a Guerilla 2, great bag (also on sale now for 2 bills). Very wide and bats come in and out really easy.

Much like what Chile said about the AP, the Guerilla 2 has decent shelves, but a frame is better.

-G

jkwoody22

League ball huer
So neither have a frame? Just better shelves than the demarini, I did the pipe thing in that bag, just made things tight for the bats

tonys1

Spec ops is tough to beat. The first one had trash zippers, but the newer one is solid. I ordered the AP, but never used it and just got myself a Spectre. You lose side pockets with the AP vs Spec Ops because of the side thing that holds the bats. The rest of the side bags on the AP are too big to keep things in order.

Party mafia

So neither have a frame? Just better shelves than the demarini, I did the pipe thing in that bag, just made things tight for the bats
The ap roller, it is hard to stick the two bats on the inside corner sleeves due to shelf inside the cleats compartment, and the ap roller will not fit hockey shin guards in the middle compartment.

crcunn

I got the Smash Guerrilla V2 about a month ago and I love it. I will prob end up putting a frame in over the winter because it is starting to sag just a little around the shoe compartment, but the shelves in it are actually really great and you can get away with nothing in it at all. The bats are easy to get in and out and there is a lot of room for random crap. Plus it has a nice little cooler pouch that works fairly decent for keeping stuff cold. Lots of small pockets for phones, wallet, keys as well. Really happy with mine!

chile

Bad Ape
if you change the way the shelf is made (which would result in a narrower shelf) and bracket the bat sleeve chingadera, you could probably avoid the issue with getting bats in/out...I thought about doing it but then decided that was/is too much effort for a fuicking softball bag.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
if you change the way the shelf is made (which would result in a narrower shelf) and bracket the bat sleeve chingadera, you could probably avoid the issue with getting bats in/out...I thought about doing it but then decided that was/is too much effort for a fuicking softball bag.
the issue my friend has is that the bats just don't slide into the far side pockets inside the bag easily. To fill the bag you have to put in the two outside slots first then the middle. The bats don't slide in/out of the bag because of the way the top zippered opening is made, it's too narrow.

milesej05

The Rookie
the issue my friend has is that the bats just don't slide into the far side pockets inside the bag easily. To fill the bag you have to put in the two outside slots first then the middle. The bats don't slide in/out of the bag because of the way the top zippered opening is made, it's too narrow.

Has your buddy tried putting the outside 2 bats handle down and when they get to that last 3" or so, twisting the barrel?

That is what I do and don't really feel it's that big of a deal. I usually just keep my 2 gamer bats in the middle sleeves.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
Has your buddy tried putting the outside 2 bats handle down and when they get to that last 3" or so, twisting the barrel?

That is what I do and don't really feel it's that big of a deal. I usually just keep my 2 gamer bats in the middle sleeves.
yeah, one of them always gets caught on some structure part near the bottom of the bag

jkwoody22

League ball huer
So it sounds like I should just buy a newer special ops roller and transfer my shelf over, I like my original just too short, now if I could find that wavy camo from a couple of years ago from that place lol, thanx for all the feedback, smash sounds good, maybe just too big, I like the look of the alpha and how the top front flap folds down, but the bat issue will probably drive me crazy, decisions, decisions

Mr. G

(213) L.A. Confidential
If you’re happy with your OG Spec Ops, maybe just stick with what you know and get a new(er) one.

The Smash one is definitely wider though which I think is a good thing (as I usually have one of my sons gloves and bats along with my stuff in it), but you might prefer the more slender Spec Ops.

-G

tonys1

So it sounds like I should just buy a newer special ops roller and transfer my shelf over, I like my original just too short, now if I could find that wavy camo from a couple of years ago from that place lol, thanx for all the feedback, smash sounds good, maybe just too big, I like the look of the alpha and how the top front flap folds down, but the bat issue will probably drive me crazy, decisions, decisions

I bought the AP on all the hype of "high-quality materials" and it absolutely was, compared to the original Spec Ops. I got a second one under warranty and both Demarini's lost their zipper tags literally the first game and the wheels sucked. As I mentioned above, I ordered the AP that off-season and it was definitely a huge upgrade. I got really frustrated with the AP quickly though. I found myself losing two side pockets because of the extra bat space on the left and the side pocket (or two) on the other side is this huge ass space with so many compartments that you can't really use it unless all your crap is that exact size. If you decide to not use those, the way the side pocket swings open, all your **** falls over. I could not take my Spec Ops bag and transfer all the stuff that was in it into the AP.

I got the AP in the off-season, so I just ended up putting it aside and ordered the newer Spec Ops. I've had zero zipper issues and I spray a little grease in the wheels every few weeks (by choice, not because they squeak or seize). PM me if you like, I'll send you more detailed pics of the AP and what areas are specifically annoying to me.

Last edited:

jkwoody22

League ball huer
I have the first Merica black ops bag right before the special ops came out, I’ve been using it for 3 years mixed in with a boombah super backpack, I’ve had no issue with the zippers other than the pull tags, a little bowing of the loud plastic wheels, but I did do the shelf and a piece of 1/4 plywood at the very bottom for standup support, it’s been a nice bag other than the bats being so close to the top, I had the very first black ops and had zipper issues with it which led me to replace it with the merica, it became a ball bag that I cut the bottoms out of the top side pockets and put bats in there for bp, on both bags I replaced some of those fabric pull tabs with rubber luggage ones, I’m going to a local place tomorrow to check out the special ops, they have a few in stock, I never really had a reason to look at them before, I just feel it’s time for a new roller, I play about 80 games a year and carry 3-4 bats, 2 gloves and small misc stuff, usually just wear my turfs, so the specter will probably be too big, they have that as well to check out for comparisons

TommyG

Give me some reviews of these roller bags for those that have/used them, time to replace my og demarini ops bag and I’m not paying 300 for the new demar, I’m not carrying more than 4 bats, just want a bag that stands and get my bats out easy with a good shelf, tia
Still looking for opinion/reviews? I recently purchased the Guerilla bag and have only one complaint - the metal clasps for the straps are poor quality. I was looking for a bag that had good shelving, which this does with the velcro/button combination. I like the 4 dedicated bat sleeve compartment and the top shelf. I had the bag for only about a month when the clasps on the strap failed and they would only replace if I paid $15 for a new one - something that shouldn't cost me $15 for an equipment failure after just a few uses. Otherwise, I like the bag.

Last edited by a moderator: