Am I crazy or?

THESHOE

Starting Player
... does a 500 hit or more Blackout basically just hit any ball the same as any of these overhyped bats?

Been going back in time and swinging a 26 bal and owned a 26.5 and my buddy has a 29.5 we swing for fun.

All of these worked in hitting a mix of balls fire everything including the 52 just as good as any $300 bat.

And they actually last a while too.

Am I crazy? Of all the bats I like, I feel like these are the best overall and just about to unload my stash to hoard blackouts.

That and I am seriously beginning to notice that stiff bats (2pc - Demarini preferred) and 1pc are the way to go for the 52. Seems like the flexy handles for me just don't fly downrange. Used to with the harder balls like Gold and Grey dots, but the 52 seems to respond better with 1pc.

bird25

34/30 Club #25
You're crazy. My 2000 hit blackout hits the ball better than my 500 hit blackout.:biggthumpup:

THESHOE

Starting Player
Well I was referring to when the Blackouts start to wake up and get on par to the others. For me it's always been around that 500 hit mark and then better & better from there. :biggthumpup:

You're crazy. My 2000 hit blackout hits the ball better than my 500 hit blackout.:biggthumpup:

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
Hey SHOE............................how have you made it this long and have no deals!!!????
We gotta change that:)

Z1k05

Star Player
I know this is mizuno but try the utrip sonic+.....1 piece with hefty endload and just crushes all balls

single wally

Professional Amateur
Agreed on the sonic +. bird25 knows what's up when you get the blackout to 2000! Great, underrated, undervalued bats.

The Blackouts hit everything very, very well once broken in. They just take a good while to break in! I'm still a bit bitter about spending all winter putting 800 or so swings on my Blackout for it to break at my 2nd tournament of the year.

GrinningBear

World's deadliest house husband
The Sonic+ has been on my radar, as it doesn't get the soft feel the Blackouts do when they break in. Not currently in the budget though.

If you look at the at least half dozen threads where a new player or manager asks durable but still hot for the whole team to swing, nearly every response is a Blackout, L series Easton, or True One. Vast majority are Blackout. One illiterate Miken wonk misses the "durable" part and says DC41. One complete moron says Mercy (seriously, for a team bat?). You can like the DC or Mercy but they are not the appropriate response to the hot team bat question.

Look at people's sigs:

15 Demarini (or Miken, Easton, Worth, whatever)
A Blackout
Few more Demarini (Miken Easton Worth)
Expensive glove

My point is if you look at people who don't normally swing Mizuno, even those with VERY strong brand bias elsewhere, a lot of them still have a Blackout.

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
The Sonic+ has been on my radar, as it doesn't get the soft feel the Blackouts do when they break in. Not currently in the budget though.

If you look at the at least half dozen threads where a new player or manager asks durable but still hot for the whole team to swing, nearly every response is a Blackout, L series Easton, or True One. Vast majority are Blackout. One illiterate Miken wonk misses the "durable" part and says DC41. One complete moron says Mercy (seriously, for a team bat?). You can like the DC or Mercy but they are not the appropriate response to the hot team bat question.

Look at people's sigs:

15 Demarini (or Miken, Easton, Worth, whatever)
A Blackout
Few more Demarini (Miken Easton Worth)
Expensive glove

My point is if you look at people who don't normally swing Mizuno, even those with VERY strong brand bias elsewhere, a lot of them still have a Blackout.

Thats pretty accurate there. I blame Adamal and oilslick

Oilslick is a giant ass hat for sure. :D

Sonic+ has way too mucy end load for my liking, but I've seen plenty of people hit them very well.

THESHOE

Starting Player
If there was a Sonic Balanced with as big a barrel, i'd probably have had one a while ago.

Don't like the 1.5oz EL or the barrel on it. Buddy crushes his, but for me it's too inconsistent.

I swing balanced the best in game situations for placement and still can bomb. Overall I lean to balanced. Had a Combat G4 I was pelting bombs with, but average went to poop using it.

Looking to go back to 1pc and blackouts are cheap and most reliable and get so good. Demarini True One is also another very stiff fav of mine.

THESHOE

Starting Player
Really just the Combat G4 Assault 2pc Orange I am unloading anyways. Keeping my True One, and the 3rd is a Bal Blackout.

The Combat is phenomenal for dropping high long bombs, but has not been my best stick for routine game hits. I am not our team's main HR hitter. And when I lean on one with any other stiffer bat I can still get it out fine.

Used to have the same issue with Triad and DC41 I had. Leaned towards the Psycho more. Wish I had the balanced Psycho now tbh. But all I can find deal wise is always end loaded which doesn't suit me well.

But when I hit blackout or my One, my placement is much better.

I think I am just into a Stiff (if 2pc I only really like the stiff alloy handles or Miken/Worth stuff, the others "flex" and I can't get with that for base hitting) and balanced bat.

Love the balanced blackouts as after I get it 400+ hits it can be gamed, and hits very well and seems indestructible. Which is nice considering early and late parts of season can get pretty cold and below 60*F here.

The frugal person in me thinks, F this just hoard blackouts and swing better. Stop bat Ho'ing so much. Save cash and rely on those trusty blackouts to get the job done. Be patient and break a bunch in.

I hear ya:biggthumpup: