Am I going to hate this CL22 return?

Losdoyers13

Blew up the mercy on weds and when called had no 26oz in stock... Decided to take a cl22 as a return but 27oz... I live and die by my og vx2 28oz IMO the best thing since sliced bread along with og cartel. Wondering if I should even give this thing a try or slang it and grab another 13" barrel

TRaj2327

If you can swing a 26 oz Mercy coming from your 28 oz VX2, you can swing a CL22. The bat is PLENTY hot. I swung a 27 oz CL22 for the end of my UTRIP season and the bat was ridiculous.

Damn, work is slow....

Losdoyers13

The mercy was an experiment...wanted to see what the hype was about and it Was retarded, can't see how it would be legal anywhere! The 26oz balanced feel of the mercy just wasnt enough for me to swing comfortably and consistently and I'd never use a woman's bat in a game (BP doesn't count lol). Im not really a huge end load guy... Vx2 seems to swing light and balanced, I'm a lot more consistent with it than I was with my og stadium. Didn't really want to try the 2.1 if its anything like 2.0

Losdoyers13

28 Vx2 scaled around 27 w/o grip... I heard the ENdload was a lot more pronounced in 28oz as compared to 27 in CL22.

single wally

Professional Amateur
If you want something that feels like 26.8oz slightly endloaded then the 27 CL22 is the way to go. I haven't tried the 28 but guessing it swings like the 28 OG Stadium.

TRaj2327

All the CL22's swing light IMO. I was swinging a 27 but picked up a 28 a couple weeks ago and could swing it with no issues at all.

Losdoyers13

All the CL22's swing light IMO. I was swinging a 27 but picked up a 28 a couple weeks ago and could swing it with no issues at all.

I was lied to lol...a few reps had told me the 28oz was a noticeable ENdload. Add a knob cuff and ill be up there in weight.

nixonride1

SEA -HAWKS
Most 28oz CL22's I have swung have a noticable endload compared to the 27oz ones...but I have swung a couple that felt more balanced just like the 27's...I swing both a 27 and a 28oz VX2 and really like the 27oz CL22.

Damo

<font color=#cc3333"> MADE IN CANADA!</font>
If the return is a 27oz put some hacks on it and sell it to me cause ya they are crap :D

drdark

Addicted to Softballfans
Dood my 27oz cl22 is retarded status especially if hitting .40 cor, my new paint vx2 is 28oz and while I had it ahead of the cl22 the cl22 is back on top the ball is jumping at an unfair rate - in fall ball cooler temps my buddies I play against have said its about as equal to swinging a shaver as you're gonna get - I've converted almost my whole fall ball team to the D just off this bat - u WILL NOT be disappointed - 150 swings and look out - around 700ish game over

cyoung187

Coach
Got a 27 cl22 on the way, hoping it is as good as everyone is saying. I haven't wanted to touch any other bat then my j3a in awhile.

Losdoyers13

Dood my 27oz cl22 is retarded status especially if hitting .40 cor, my new paint vx2 is 28oz and while I had it ahead of the cl22 the cl22 is back on top the ball is jumping at an unfair rate - in fall ball cooler temps my buddies I play against have said its about as equal to swinging a shaver as you're gonna get - I've converted almost my whole fall ball team to the D just off this bat - u WILL NOT be disappointed - 150 swings and look out - around 700ish game over

Sounds legit ill give her a try thanks everyone for input

bird25

34/30 Club #25

Yes, the 30 oz cl22 took over the coveted gamer spot from my beloved st100 that I cracked. It has around 500 swings on it now and is muy bueno.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
I swung a 28oz CL22 and it didn't have a lot of end load like a Swagger, Juice, or J3. Seemed to swing just like the .12 which makes sense. It was a really good bat and performance was excellent but it didn't outshine my spec1. Basically had the same end load, distance, and less barrel/sweet spot.

Got a 27 cl22 on the way, hoping it is as good as everyone is saying. I haven't wanted to touch any other bat then my j3a in awhile.

Demar's line this year will not dissapoint. They are on top of the softball world. I can agree with you on the j3, once you get that in your hands and a feel for it. You don't ever want to put it down.

bird25

34/30 Club #25
I swung a 28oz CL22 and it didn't have a lot of end load like a Swagger, Juice, or J3. Seemed to swing just like the .12 which makes sense. It was a really good bat and performance was excellent but it didn't outshine my spec1. Basically had the same end load, distance, and less barrel/sweet spot.

See it's comments like that that make me want to unwrap my 30 oz Spec1:eek:

drdark

Addicted to Softballfans
S1 - S2.1 are solid but probably take more to break in - ill take the cl22 maybe I just got a good one I dunno - but it's tough to imagine something hotter especially mine being around 1000 swings and no webbing that I can see - being that the barrels are the same material for both they have to be similar- anyway swing it and report back should be a positive experience

Losdoyers13

The first spec 1 I had was legit... Took awhile to get hot but once it did... Was lights out. second spec 1 I had was a dud... Never got hot for some reason... Or not as hot as first one. I think they were different batches or something lol.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
See it's comments like that that make me want to unwrap my 30 oz Spec1:eek:

Good time of year to break it in, love mine.

The first spec 1 I had was legit... Took awhile to get hot but once it did... Was lights out. second spec 1 I had was a dud... Never got hot for some reason... Or not as hot as first one. I think they were different batches or something lol.

I've gotten lucky with mine so far, had 5 and all have been good.

ScarBarrY24

Addicted to Softballfans
My teammate just got a 27 cl22. I got to swing it this weekend and damn that thing feels nice. Almost perfect swing weight for me and I game a 26 new vx2u. I didn't notice much of an endload in the 27 but another guy has a 28 and there is a noticeable endload in that one. Still nothing like the juice or swagger IMO. If its to light for you let me know and I can get that 28 and trade ya.

TonyB

Addicted to Softballfans
ill take the cl22 maybe I just got a good one I dunno - but it's tough to imagine something hotter especially mine being around 1000 swings and no webbing that I can see - being that the barrels are the same material for both they have to be similar- anyway swing it and report back should be a positive experience
Mine was hot out of the wrapper and went about 2,000 swings before I noticed cracks (parallel to the barrel). It never webbed up. I jinxed it right before I noticed the cracks by saying it still looked great, not even any paint chips (and the next time I swung it, I got a nice little paint chip). Great bat, I love it.

jackrook

Addicted to Softballfans
Los, I got my 30oz J3a and used it on Saturday. End load is huge. Distance and exit speed out of the wrapper are nuts!!!! Had the whole team swinging it on Saturday all 5 games. Then I put about 50 more in BP.

Not to derail your thread here but all you need is a bat to hit 301ft. The J3a will be fine. Some guys are still on the kick that Utrip bats are hotter. Not in this case.

I wouldn't do you wrong. You're one of my good friends(even though you're a better manager then a player). Try a 28oz j3a and sell everything else.

Losdoyers13

Los, I got my 30oz J3a and used it on Saturday. End load is huge. Distance and exit speed out of the wrapper are nuts!!!! Had the whole team swinging it on Saturday all 5 games. Then I put about 50 more in BP.

Not to derail your thread here but all you need is a bat to hit 301ft. The J3a will be fine. Some guys are still on the kick that Utrip bats are hotter. Not in this case.

I wouldn't do you wrong. You're one of my good friends(even though you're a better manager then a player). Try a 28oz j3a and sell everything else.
Jack you are a better bullfighter at 3B than you were a hitter last week lmao... we will give CL22 a try and if not slang it and get something else

Losdoyers13

Just got a chance to Bp my CL22 return today... first swing was a bomb. Barrel felt stiff but not fu dawg stiff out of wrapper. Sound changed around 30-40 cuts. Put about 140 on it total and pisses on ball! I'm extremely happy with it so far