"America's Team"

3XC

Big Truss
America's Turd will be in attendance at the Super Bowl. Mark my words. Every one of them will get tickets through Jerry Jones.

IceZ

<font color="#191970">Ï н@†ë Ņòóߧ</font>
America's Turd will be in attendance at the Super Bowl. Mark my words. Every one of them will get tickets through Jerry Jones.

Wade Phillips included?

3XC

Big Truss
Wade Phillips included?

Maybe with a dustpan and broom.

He should be a D coordinator soon. These guys always bounce back. A team with Norv Turner as O coordinator, Wade Phillips as D coordinator, and a good coach would be a good team. Just because you don't make a decent HC doesn't mean you can't go back to where you found success.

How about Phillips as DC and June Jones as OC?

oakleydude44

Geaux Time!
Enjoy it while you can. History has way of repeating itself....they will be back in the superbowl soon enough.....just be patient.

3XC

Big Truss
Enjoy it while you can. History has way of repeating itself....they will be back in the superbowl soon enough.....just be patient.

Uh, no.

The common denominator of consistently bad teams is the owner. Owners who attempt to rule over the GM, install family members (usually an incompetent son) as the team President/CEO, and lord over their head coach. Owners who have press conferences. You don't see the Rooneys or Bob Kraft on TV talking to ESPN. Or releasing mid season weekly updates with vague messages about the coach.

Jerry Jones is Al Davis in a suit. Sometimes a team gets lucky and wins enough games to get into the postseason. But WINNING teams, teams built on the premise of winning games, not stoking the ego of their owners, are a breed apart.

oakleydude44

Geaux Time!
Uh, no.

The common denominator of consistently bad teams is the owner. Owners who attempt to rule over the GM, install family members (usually an incompetent son) as the team President/CEO, and lord over their head coach. Owners who have press conferences. You don't see the Rooneys or Bob Kraft on TV talking to ESPN. Or releasing mid season weekly updates with vague messages about the coach.

Jerry Jones is Al Davis in a suit. Sometimes a team gets lucky and wins enough games to get into the postseason. But WINNING teams, teams built on the premise of winning games, not stoking the ego of their owners, are a breed apart.

This same owner took an average team and made them into a superbowl winning team 92, 93, and 95). The player personnel is there for the most part. Add a more disciplined type coach and they will be just fine. BUT, JJ also needs to recognize that HE needs to sit back and let football people do the football jobs.

oryansirishpub

No hope remains
This same owner took an average team and made them into a superbowl winning team 92, 93, and 95). The player personnel is there for the most part. Add a more disciplined type coach and they will be just fine. BUT, JJ also needs to recognize that HE needs to sit back and let football people do the football jobs.

Jerry didn't do **** for the 92,93 teams....it was Jimmy Johnson completely (plus the ineptitude of Mike Lynn :rolleyes::rolleyes:) Barry Switzer was a caretaker for Jimmy in 95. After that is when full Jerry Jones went into effect....he thought that "he" won those championships

BoxerGT2.5

Addicted to Softballfans

You can put whatever coach you want in there, the players aren't playing, period.

3XC

Big Truss

An "average team" with the NFLs all time leading rusher in his prime and perhaps the best offensive line in history. Whatever man.

Jimmy Johnson and Jones had terrible clashes about who was in control and who made personnel decisions. The Cowboys always had success when a strong personality stood up to Jones and always suck when one of his yes men is installed so he can play fantasy football with real players.

oakleydude44

Geaux Time!
An "average team" with the NFLs all time leading rusher in his prime and perhaps the best offensive line in history. Whatever man.

Jimmy Johnson and Jones had terrible clashes about who was in control and who made personnel decisions. The Cowboys always had success when a strong personality stood up to Jones and always suck when one of his yes men is installed so he can play fantasy football with real players.

The 1988 Boys were no playoff team! JJ took over for the 1989 season.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/dal/1988_roster.htm

BoxerGT2.5

Addicted to Softballfans
Bring in someone that is a REAL head coach and things will change. Wade could be a good D coordinator, but his record is proven as a head coach....he sucks!

They had Parcells, is he a REAL head coach? Their DB's can't cover a lick, their LB's are the same, the OL is getting abused, their is no one outside of Ware who can pressure the QB. Their running game ranks dead last (Healthy Romo or not). The offense is inept and that falls on the one person who will likely be promoted if Wade does get canned. Lets look at the masterpiece Garrett has constructed, you have a pile of **** called Kitna and you keep throwing the ball like you have Warren Moon back there. No attempt to establish a running game, which takes pressure off your crap back up, and keeps your defense off the field who have proven they can't stop a runny nose.

Last edited:

3XC

Big Truss
Can I just say that Jason Garrett dissing the Ravens and forcing them to hire Harbaugh instead is the best spate of good fortune the team ever had. Better than drafting Ogden and Ray, since that was not really luck... that was Ozzie Newsome's genius.

BoxerGT2.5

Addicted to Softballfans
Can I just say that Jason Garrett dissing the Ravens and forcing them to hire Harbaugh instead is the best spate of good fortune the team ever had. Better than drafting Ogden and Ray, since that was not really luck... that was Ozzie Newsome's genius.

I'm sure Atlanta is saying the same thing.

oakleydude44

Geaux Time!
They had Parcells, is he a REAL head coach? Their DB's can't cover a lick, their LB's are the same, the OL is getting abused, their is no one outside of Ware who can pressure the QB. Their running game ranks dead last (Healthy Romo or not). The offense is inept and that falls on the one person who will likely be promoted if Wade does get canned. Lets look at the masterpiece Garrett has constructed, you have a pile of **** called Kitna and you keep throwing the ball like you have Warren Moon back there. No attempt to establish a running game, which takes pressure off your crap back up, and keeps your defense off the field who have proven they can't stop a runny nose.

Under Tuna they were much more disciplined. You can't really compare how this team would have played under Tuna, but we can easily say they would be better with a coach like the Tuna.

Jason Garrett is not the answer either. A completely new coaching staff is needed. Get a coach that has proven himself already, such as Gruden, Cowher, or Edwards and I bet these guys will play harder.

Yes they need to address the O line and Db's for sure.

BoxerGT2.5

Addicted to Softballfans
Under Tuna they were much more disciplined. You can't really compare how this team would have played under Tuna, but we can easily say they would be better with a coach like the Tuna.

Jason Garrett is not the answer either. A completely new coaching staff is needed. Get a coach that has proven himself already, such as Gruden, Cowher, or Edwards and I bet these guys will play harder.

Yes they need to address the O line and Db's for sure.

And my point is this team when 11-5 and 13-3 previously under this very lax coaching staff. The players have quit this year, that's the difference.

oakleydude44

Geaux Time!
And my point is this team when 11-5 and 13-3 previously under this very lax coaching staff. The players have quit this year, that's the difference.

I agree that they quit, but not until the gameplan failed. In the 2 previous years did they not run the ball? This year, they gave p on the run too quickly. And the players gave up on the gameplan......and Wade acts like he doesn't care.

oakleydude44

Geaux Time!
Who's talking??? :confused: All I said is the dumb ass owner is not the reason the Cowboys won in 92, 93 and 95....

But I guess delusional Cowboy fans that seem to want to suck off Jerry Jones can't seem to read :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

So, Jerry Jones didn't hiere Jimmy Johnson, his best friend and sign off on all the personnel moves????

I think it's funny that since your team has never won anything in it's history....oh wait, it was your team that made the famous Hershall Walker trade......now it all makes sense.

:eek: :D

oryansirishpub

No hope remains
So, Jerry Jones didn't hiere Jimmy Johnson, his best friend and sign off on all the personnel moves????

I think it's funny that since your team has never won anything in it's history....oh wait, it was your team that made the famous Hershall Walker trade......now it all makes sense.

:eek: :D

2010 wins - Cowboy 1 : Vikings 3 (1 of which was against the Cowboys) = pwned :D:D:D:D:D