Anarchy ASA Viper - good but....

chile

Bad Ape
after a frustrating bp session that saw it get fed about 20-30 blue dots, my initial impression is...it's no Demon.

is that a bad thing? for me, yes...

just like with every new bat, the factory guys say "ah bro...this is fire.." "bat x is gtg"..."you gotta get this in your bag this year."

comparing it to the demon is almost unfair at this point but by the time i had over 100 cuts on the demon, i knew it was money. i have about 150 cuts on the viper right now (120-130 with various 52s and 20-30 with blue dots...that's right...blue dots...and not ones that are all beat to ****) and i am a little up in the air about it right now. for reference, i was hitting those same blue dots the other day and hitting them much further, and they came off the Diablo better to me...yea, another apples to oranges comparison there (1pc vs 2pc) but if the hype is real, then there should be another gear to the viper at some point...so we'll see where this goes.

while i was fairly happy when hitting the 52s, i felt like i was hitting them much better with my Chief (yeah, it's one of those bats...you know which one i'm talking about...a Monsta) that has half the cuts on it.

the goods:
soft barrel but fairly responsive with 52s...better with 44s (of course)
nice EL...moreso than the demon and ambassador to me.
great outta the wrapper
i like the paint :/
it's an anarchy
after hitting blue dots, it's holding up fine.

the others:
great outta the wrapper...and still not much better at 150 to me

at the end of the day, i almost feel like they put a phantom shell on this with how soft it feels...i am not doubting that everyone else crushes with this bat...but right now, i'm not...and i'm kinda salty about that.

here's a few cuts with the 52s...like i said, it was a frustrating session :/

Last edited:

Normy

after a frustrating bp session that saw it get fed about 20-30 blue dots, my initial impression is...it's no Demon.

just like with every new bat, the factory guys say "ah bro...this is fire.." "bat x is gtg"..."you gotta get this in your bag this year."

comparing it to the demon is almost unfair at this point but by the time i had over 100 cuts on the demon, i knew it was money. i have about 150 cuts on the viper right now (120-130 with various 52s and 20-30 with blue dots...that's right...blue dots...and not ones that are all beat to ****) and i am a little up in the air about it right now. for reference, i was hitting those same blue dots the other day and hitting them much further, and they came off the Diablo better to me...yea, another apples to oranges comparison there (1pc vs 2pc) but if the hype is real, then there should be another gear to the viper at some point...so we'll see where this goes.

while i was fairly happy when hitting the 52s, i felt like i was hitting them much better with my Chief (yeah, it's one of those bats...you know which one i'm talking about...a Monsta) that has half the cuts on it.

the goods:
great outta the wrapper
it's an anarchy

the others:

at the end of the day, i almost feel like they put a phantom shell on this with how soft it feels...i am not doubting that everyone else crushes with this bat...but right now, i'm not...and i'm kinda salty about that.
I kinda sorta understand the way you feel. I kinda sorta need a Demon :/

Normy

i gotta work on my swing :/...demon or no, i'm getting really ****ty...even in bp.
Should have seen me today. The Avarice had it's work cut out for it. Good news is the rest of the team was finding the sweet spot..

tonys1

That sound though.

I bought a couple, but I found SIS or Anarchy to be really lazy with this one. Little to no details, does it hit all balls? Is it cross core tech like the others? Or is all this assumed at this point? Picking mine up on Monday, heard enough hype to give it a shot though.

On another note, I was on the Nitrous > Demon side until today. Holy **** did the Demon hit another gear, I was ready to give up on it because I was so happy with the Nitrous. To be fair only had about 25 hits on the Demon prior to yesterday, and I went out for some tee work yesterday and today. Was seeing 3-4 mph less on the Pocket Radar with Demon, then they were tied and now Demon is ahead by 5-6 mph. I did an extra 2 rounds with each just to validate because I was so enamoured with the Nitrous.

UncleMosk

the goods:
great outta the wrapper
it's an anarchy

the others:

here's a few cuts with the 52s...like i said, it was a frustrating session :/

Kinda felt the same way with my cuts today. My Nitrous was similar from what I recall last year as well. Took a good 80 to 100 before the WOW factor kicked in. Thinking this Viper might be the same story.

Normy

From what I hear, the Rebellion and Pink need even more work not having the cross core tech. The next warm BP day we have, I'm only bringing the Pink and hopefully half our team shows up. I think another 300 hits will soften her up a bit and open up the sweet spot.

Last edited:

Normy

That sound though.

I bought a couple, but I found SIS or Anarchy to be really lazy with this one. Little to no details, does it hit all balls? Is it cross core tech like the others? Or is all this assumed at this point? Picking mine up on Monday, heard enough hype to give it a shot though.

On another note, I was on the Nitrous > Demon side until today. Holy **** did the Demon hit another gear, I was ready to give up on it because I was so happy with the Nitrous. To be fair only had about 25 hits on the Demon prior to yesterday, and I went out for some tee work yesterday and today. Was seeing 3-4 mph less on the Pocket Radar with Demon, then they were tied and now Demon is ahead by 5-6 mph. I did an extra 2 rounds with each just to validate because I was so enamoured with the Nitrous.
Anybody wanna do a Pink + cash for a Demon?

dunkky

chille, i must ask. for your swing, does demon give you a significant performance over omega carbon? if so, what range are we talking here? i just wanna get a slight idea of its performance something i can compare to without having to swing a demon. reading a fairly tales from FB is so damn lame.

chile

Bad Ape
chille, i must ask. for your swing, does demon give you a significant performance over omega carbon? if so, what range are we talking here? i just wanna get a slight idea of its performance something i can compare to without having to swing a demon. reading a fairly tales from FB is so damn lame.

okay...so i had typed out a fairly long reply to this and somehow, fat fingered a deletion of the entire thing :/...so here's the cliff notes:

those trees start in C/LC about 270 (maybe a little less).

that gap between the tennis court net and light pole is roughly 320'...walked it with my phone...phone said 321'. some say 330' but i don't think so.
as you go from the corner there, i'd say it's about 320-325 as you go further right...maybe a little shorter straight to RF.

with the demon, i could reach that corner and hit the trees on the fly...and i could put them into the tennis court over C/RC...same performance with the diablo and nitrous. not at will, mind you, but enough to know...you know?

with the viper, i'd estimate being about 20-30' short hitting into that corner, even on my "good" swings...

with the O2 carbon, i was hitting better than i was with the viper yesterday but you need to take into account swing inconsistency (pitch selection :/ )...and it was a bit warmer yesterday.

...hope this fuzzy math helps.

Normy

okay...so i had typed out a fairly long reply to this and somehow, fat fingered a deletion of the entire thing :/...so here's the cliff notes:

those trees start in C/LC about 270 (maybe a little less).

that gap between the tennis court net and light pole is roughly 320'...walked it with my phone...phone said 321'. some say 330' but i don't think so.
as you go from the corner there, i'd say it's about 320-325 as you go further right...maybe a little shorter straight to RF.

with the demon, i could reach that corner and hit the trees on the fly...and i could put them into the tennis court over C/RC...same performance with the diablo and nitrous. not at will, mind you, but enough to know...you know?

with the viper, i'd estimate being about 20-30' short hitting into that corner, even on my "good" swings...

with the O2 carbon, i was hitting better than i was with the viper yesterday but you need to take into account swing inconsistency (pitch selection :/ )...and it was a bit warmer yesterday.

...hope this fuzzy math helps.
Dang! Even my washed up Combats could do that. I'm sure the Viper just needs to get over the hump.

chile

Bad Ape
@chile is the viper webbing up?

let's just say i did a few rounds off the tee...aaaaaannnnd...it's not much better. putting the phone higher up doesn't seem to have eliminated that echo/garbage sound...i'm no audiophile so you can decide for yourselves...i do have some gopro footage so i'll check that to see if it "helps"...maybe a mic thing in the phone...idk...@Normy check the maxum ;)

Projectcam

I passed on the Viper, I still have the Nitrous/Diablo/Demon/Ambassador in my bag. After seeing your feedback @chile I am glad I did. I don’t need another bat that needs that much work before it starts to heat up

dunkky

I appreciate the long description, i see viper is 20-30 shorter than demon at this point for you. and O2 did hit better than viper. would you say that O2 is may be 10-15 behind the demon in avg at this point?