Anarchy Phantom Utrip

BOLTMAN21

Manager
Pick mine up at the post office today. Swung my buddies 26 oz. Monday. Felt like it has more booty than advertised. Handle was def stiffer then all the Anarchy ASA offerings. Felt great to me on contact. Closest comparison would be a well broken in '16 Fulk. Look forward to see how mine keeps opening up after each BP session.

I wouldn't game it over my Riot right now. Will update as the hit count goes up or if it exceeds performance or preference for my Riot.

bakesta72

washed up hasbeen of SBF
Pick mine up at the post office today. Swung my buddies 26 oz. Monday. Felt like it has more booty than advertised. Handle was def stiffer then all the Anarchy ASA offerings. Felt great to me on contact.

I wouldn't game it over my Riot right now. Will update as the hit count goes up or if it exceeds performance or preference for my Riot.

I swung mine on New Year's day against classic ms, 44/400s, evil 52 lites and evil rockets. I would totally agree with your first statement. The endload almost feels more like a full ounce instead of a half ounce. However, I would disagree with your second statement to a certain degree. I believe you compared it to other ASA bats and I can't comment on ASA bats, but I felt like the Phantom had a flexy handle, which made me feel like I was swinging a DeMarini utrip Juggy. The performance was there when you found the sweetspot and it sounded good. I'm trying to cut the video up to get our better swings with it.

Batalot

THey had a demo night the other day, friends were all raving over the balanced version..26 in particular, felt the 27 EL felt quite heavy.

these from a bunch of EL types.

Z1k05

Star Player
I swung mine on New Year's day against classic ms, 44/400s, evil 52 lites and evil rockets. I would totally agree with your first statement. The endload almost feels more like a full ounce instead of a half ounce. However, I would disagree with your second statement to a certain degree. I believe you compared it to other ASA bats and I can't comment on ASA bats, but I felt like the Phantom had a flexy handle, which made me feel like I was swinging a DeMarini utrip Juggy. The performance was there when you found the sweetspot and it sounded good. I'm trying to cut the video up to get our better swings with it.

Ehhhhh, no thanks if it swings like a juggy

BOLTMAN21

Manager
I felt as much flex as my Miken Riot, LS Stovall or 16 BJ Fulk to me. However I noticed Pure's in your sig, which felt very stiff to me. If you're used to those perhaps these would feel some flex in comparison.

chile

Bad Ape
dry swinging mine and I can feel the flex...we'll see how this goes. I have a pretty slow swing so I don't think it'll be an issue...

chile

Bad Ape
put a round of 50'ish on my 27oz EL today...didn't notice the flex as much as when I was dry swinging it...started it off with a 2 dozen mix of 52+ and 52 spinrs...closed it out with 2 dozen'ish classic m's and a half dozen bp rockets. no paint issue. bat hits everything very well...my best shots were with the classic m's (of course) but the 52's came off nicely as well...i'd say it hangs with the top utrip sticks out there...if it opens up anymore (which I'm sure it will) I could see myself parting with some of my other utrip sticks...i don't play that much utrip so i don't think there'll be a long term "durability" issue (I've read of a few cracking fairly quickly :/ but idk the whole story with those). I'll definitely be putting a few more rounds on this and the ambassador in the coming weeks .. quick clip below.

Last edited:

Matth

put a round of 50'ish on my 27oz EL today...didn't notice the flex as much as when I was dry swinging it...started it off with a 2 dozen mix of 52+ and 52 spinrs...closed it out with 2 dozen'ish classic m's and a half dozen bp rockets. no paint issue. bat hits everything very well...my best shots were with the classic m's (of course) but the 52's came off nicely as well...i'd say it hangs with the top utrip sticks out there...if it opens up anymore (which I'm sure it will) I could see myself parting with some of my other utrip sticks...i don't play that much utrip so i don't think there'll be a long term "durability" issue (I've read of a few cracking fairly quickly :/ but idk the whole story with those). I'll definitely be putting a few more rounds on this and the ambassador in the coming weeks .. quick clip below.

I’m in Monterey, CA. That looks like a cool setting for softball. Can I ask where that field is located?

bakesta72

washed up hasbeen of SBF
Damn Troy! You were hitting some shots! Nice vid bro! I’m taking mine out again tomorrow to see how the durability is.

chile

Bad Ape
Damn Troy! You were hitting some shots! Nice vid bro! I’m taking mine out again tomorrow to see how the durability is.

Thanks...got this session in just before the rain...I was getting a bit sloppy but I think I got a good feel for the bat...hit a few nice shots that got me thinking this will open up really nicely...can’t wait to hear your feedback from your next few rounds...

chile

Bad Ape
Put another 69 (23 balls x 3 rds) on it today...it is breaking in quite nicely...yesterday, I only hit the classic m’s out...today was a good mix of 52 spinrs and classic m’s...52s didn’t travel quite as far but they went out easy enough...the classic m’s and the green/yellow spinrs were easily 20-30ft further...no paint seams/cracks so far...I need to get back to the tee, tho...getting really sshietty with pitch selection so time to get back to the basics and hit through the ball vs trying to launch everything. I can only imagine how good this bat can be in the right hitter’s hands...I will be adding another one to the bag for sure

Last edited:

BOLTMAN21

Manager
Put another 69 (23 balls x 3 rds) on it today...it is breaking in quite nicely...yesterday, I only hit the classic m’s out...today was a good mix of 52 spinrs and classic m’s...52s didn’t travel quite as far but they went out easy enough...the classic m’s and the green/yellow spinrs were easily 20-30ft further...no paint seams/cracks so far...I need to get back to the tee, tho...getting really sshietty with pitch selection so time to get back to the basics and hit through the ball vs trying to launch everything. I can only imagine how good this bat can be in the right hitter’s hands...I will be adding another one to the bag for sure

Good stuff Chile. I think the molded balls seem to feel harder and fly better as well. Have a few all yellow 52 Tattoo NX3 however need to try the green/yellow ones.

Funny you talk about trying to launch everything right now. Before my break I started playing more tourneys and worked on my swing to hit more line drives to all fields (higher avg and HR limits) That meant no more homers during league either :(. Now I am feeling like I need to work on my power stroke again, lol.. The never ending struggle.

bakesta72

washed up hasbeen of SBF
Good stuff Chile. I think the molded balls seem to feel harder and fly better as well. Have a few all yellow 52 Tattoo NX3 however need to try the green/yellow ones.

Funny you talk about trying to launch everything right now. Before my break I started playing more tourneys and worked on my swing to hit more line drives to all fields (higher avg and HR limits) That meant no more homers during league either :(. Now I am feeling like I need to work on my power stroke again, lol.. The never ending struggle.

I feel your pain. I might hit 2 homeruns out during the season! Those are usually by accident.

clementeunknown

Addicted to Softballfans
Maybe it's just me that feels like this, but the graphics department needs to step it up. Most of their bats just have text. I'm sure performance is there but the graphics are meh.

Eeyore

Addicted to Softballfans
i'm seeing more and more posts about cracking...makes me leery.

I’ve seen 3, all EL, that 2 of them admitted they were hitting classic Ms in 40 degree weather. I’ve also seen 5 new Mikens with shark tooth’s that look brand new. Seems durability is not as important anymore

chile

Bad Ape
I’ve seen 3, all EL, that 2 of them admitted they were hitting classic Ms in 40 degree weather. I’ve also seen 5 new Mikens with shark tooth’s that look brand new. Seems durability is not as important anymore

yeah, I haven't hit mine in anything colder than 55 (at least that's what the car said :/ )...started it out on 52s, then worked in the classic m's and the rockets...nothing harder than the rockets (even though I don't really know what the cor/comp is on the green/yellow spinrs or the worth bp balls)...I don't see anything, so far, that bothers me but i'm sure no one else did, either...idk

sportwarrior

Addicted to Softballfans
I had the opportunity to swing a 27 Phantom a few weekends ago. It was definitely an easier bat for me to adapt to than the Ambassador or the Demon. It felt great and was fun to swing, but I wasn't coming off hotter than my 28 firm fireflex by all that much (if at all).

bulldog10

swamp donkey slayer
I have a 26oz endload and I have hit the 500 swing mark the bat has 3 paint seams on it now. We have only been hitting 44 375’s and some old 44 400’s. This is in Florida so it hasn’t been really cold either. The bat got really nasty around 300 swing mark and felt wide open at 400 swing mark. Once this thing breaks in it’s really good. It did have the handle flex that was mentioned earlier but it seemed like once the barrel broke in more it’s not noticeable now. Going to keep hitting this bat to see if it breaks anytime soon. It’s right there with my resmondo which is my game, thanks Chile that bat is still going.

chile

Bad Ape
I have a 26oz endload and I have hit the 500 swing mark the bat has 3 paint seams on it now. We have only been hitting 44 375’s and some old 44 400’s. This is in Florida so it hasn’t been really cold either. The bat got really nasty around 300 swing mark and felt wide open at 400 swing mark. Once this thing breaks in it’s really good. It did have the handle flex that was mentioned earlier but it seemed like once the barrel broke in more it’s not noticeable now. Going to keep hitting this bat to see if it breaks anytime soon. It’s right there with my resmondo which is my game, thanks Chile that bat is still going.

If you got to 500 without it breaking, pretty sure I can expect 1500 ;)...