...and this is why I cannot watch soccer.

LngBallLvr

Addicted to Softballfans
I tried to watch soccer for about 5 minutes and turned it off. Can the field be any bigger and the game any slower?

shorel

Addicted to Softballfans
I tried to watch soccer for about 5 minutes and turned it off. Can the field be any bigger and the game any slower?

do you have any idea how boring it is to watch most slo-pitch softball games? oh yeah i forgot, they're so boring nobody televises them.

LngBallLvr

Addicted to Softballfans
do you have any idea how boring it is to watch most slo-pitch softball games? oh yeah i forgot, they're so boring nobody televises them.

Is slo pitch a national sport? I can see why people find it boring. Too easy for professionals.

Most of soccer is played at a trotting pace waiting for something to happen. Key moments in the game of real excitement are so infrequent. You have to be weened on soccer from birth to appreciate it. Sort of like baseball actually.

I would rather watch girl's field hockey than watch grown men trotting up and down a field kicking a ball. Perhaps I would like it better in person but the game does not translate well on TV.

Stout33

Addicted to Softballfans
My kid plays pretty high level soccer but its with the understanding that the first time he flops he will be done.

Stout33

Addicted to Softballfans
Is slo pitch a national sport? I can see why people find it boring. Too easy for professionals.

Most of soccer is played at a trotting pace waiting for something to happen. Key moments in the game of real excitement are so infrequent. You have to be weened on soccer from birth to appreciate it. Sort of like baseball actually.

I would rather watch girl's field hockey than watch grown men trotting up and down a field kicking a ball. Perhaps I would like it better in person but the game does not translate well on TV.

Which is why football is king in the US. Translates awesomely to TV.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS

Exactly WTF does this have to do with this thread?:rolleyes:

Why bother?? He's a ****ing soccer player, so he defends it's gay against the world....I barely made it through that boring sad assed clip.......I could never watch a game.

Also....No one ever said slowpitch softball was spectator friendly.

LngBallLvr

Addicted to Softballfans
I remember when I was 6 and was playing baseball (which I loved) and was doing soccer during the same season. I played only one game and scored 3 goals.

I did not even care that I scored the goals. I probably had zero skill but was still able to score (hence the reason it is beloved by soccer moms). I just ran down the field and kicked the ball into a giant net guarded by a big fat kid. I got zero satisfaction and quit the game.

Hitting a little baseball and striking guys out was so much more fun.

For some reason, soccer just never appealed to me.