Anderson FP bats?

Has anyone been able to get their hands on a RK 2.0, Supernova, or any of the other new FP bats that Anderson is producing?

I would like to know if they are similar to the prior generation?

300exbat

Addicted to Softballfans
Dang, she broke two? that's awesome but sad at the same time. I'm interested in the supernova, but without any sort of feedback, it's a bust in my eyes for now. My dd's love the small knob, but apparently they are no longer...

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
I am thinking of getting a 34/24 Nova, about half theleague won't let anyone, including girls swing FP bats in SP so undecided right now.

csk415

Addicted to Softballfans
I am thinking of getting a 34/24 Nova, about half theleague won't let anyone, including girls swing FP bats in SP so undecided right now.

Can't use FP bats. I have never understood the logic with that rule. If any advantage is to be gained its for the women.

How did she break the rocket flex?
End cap issue or cracked??

Just curious...

Actually, she broke three of the Rocketflexes. All three are cracked handles. First time she was facing off against Freshman Paige Lowry and hit off the top of the hands. Next two times we were in CA at a USA Preps Event and inside pitch hit on the bottom of the barrel (read where metal meets composite handle) and it fractured. She loves the bats, but they are kind of hard to come by because they are no longer in production.

Right now she is swinging a Xeno, which that broke in half too. Started to think it is not a bat problem, but a DD issue.

She is thinking of going back to the Rocketech, but she will want to swing one of the new models prior to investing fully in them.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
Gonna pick up some Super Novas tomorrow in shorter length but will hit to break them in should know more on Monday after I hit them

300exbat

Addicted to Softballfans
Any news on the Nova? Been busy myself, so no worries, just curious on how it performed if you were able to test it out. Thanks.

300exbat

Addicted to Softballfans
I just grabbed a 32" Rocketflex for 75 bucks, couldn't pass it up. We have a 33 already that my college girl uses, but if my younger dd can't handle it, the 32 will be available if anyone is interested. Waiting for the temp to rise a little to try it out with her; nice clean bat and you can have it for what I paid if it doesn't work out.

westwind

Addicted to Softballfans
300, let me know on the 32", my dd is currently swinging that bat and would love to have a backup.

She swung (and wore out I think) a 31 RF since this time last year and it has been a great bat for her.

IMHO when Mr. Anderson said it was the best bat he ever designed he wasn't kidding.

Last edited: