Another Combat advice thread (SORRY!)

Wik

Addicted to Softballfans
Alright, towards the end of the year, extreme fatigue on the bat advice front, I get it, sorry.

Still, I am considering getting a Combat since they are so affordable. I don't have a TON of Combat experience. Last year I owned the Utrip Bhose, black and blue Greinert, and Guilt.

I'm torn between 1 and 2 piece right now. I'm actually hitting my Worth Connell Sick really well and have stopped using my 2pc bats. This year seems like Combat actually has given more 2pc options where typically they make alot more 1pc....

Anyhow, looking for info/feedback on the Assault G5 (1 or 2pc), This year and last year's Derby Girls, Combatant 15, Filip Washington, Rogo, I know i'm asking for alot, but literally haven't paid attention to them. Watched some videos, especially Jessie's stuff at BP Hero but there is alot more ground to cover. It seems from alot of the feedback here in the past MOST like the PED....any feedback on the bats with this? Are they performing head and shoulders above the rest of Combat's line?

Any info is greatly appreciated just so I can get an idea on which I may want to purchase....thanks ahead of time.

brhnz

Bombs .. Bombs Everywhere !
I own all those bats, The 2017 Rogo ( 1pc ) is a amazing stick, Has ALL the stamps . I hit .47/375 balls and 44/400 with it and it goes great. The G5 Assault ( 1pc ) is also excellent. Spin tech coating is the real deal, it works well if you are a big hitter. G5 is NOT ASA tho .

Personally having owned almost every combat ever made and sold zillions of them, get the 2017 Dual Stamp Rogo is you like Balanced. Get the G5 is you a mid load guy. Get a Combatant ( cotton candy ) if you like junk in the trunk.

I dont swing 2pc so cant vouch for that stuff sorry

Wik

Addicted to Softballfans
I own all those bats, The 2017 Rogo ( 1pc ) is a amazing stick, Has ALL the stamps . I hit .47/375 balls and 44/400 with it and it goes great. The G5 Assault ( 1pc ) is also excellent. Spin tech coating is the real deal, it works well if you are a big hitter. G5 is NOT ASA tho .

Personally having owned almost every combat ever made and sold zillions of them, get the 2017 Dual Stamp Rogo is you like Balanced. Get the G5 is you a mid load guy. Get a Combatant ( cotton candy ) if you like junk in the trunk.

I dont swing 2pc so cant vouch for that stuff sorry

Thanks bro! Appreciate the info!

Just outta curiosity, any opinions on the G4 Plague and navy and pink (last year's model) Derby Girls?

brhnz

Bombs .. Bombs Everywhere !
Thanks bro! Appreciate the info!

Just outta curiosity, any opinions on the G4 Plague and navy and pink (last year's model) Derby Girls?

I have had a few of the G5 plague and it was OK but it never was a big seller for Combat that I can see. Nothing like the Assault G5. Derby girls was a nice balanced bat . I didnt sell a lot either due to the colour :)

Doindonuts

Manager
Honestly every new Combat I've swung is gas. Guilt 2, Combatant, Rogo 275, Assault G5 two piece. They are all nasty. If I had to pick out of the wrapper it would be the G5 though. That thing is sick from swing one. At the prices these are going for right now, you really can't go wrong.

jtrain63

Glove Breaker
The guilt is nice but becoming harder to find. How are the guilt 2's and extinctions? Also any info on the 2016 anti-virus?

Wik

Addicted to Softballfans
The guilt is nice but becoming harder to find. How are the guilt 2's and extinctions? Also any info on the 2016 anti-virus?

Ya I had the OG guilt but sold it, just didn't give it enough love and didn't like the feel compared to my Freak 12. What a damn fool I was.

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
I said nothing better. The best bat for you is the one that lets you go to the plate with confidence. There are a lot of bats that perform just as well. For myself.............there is not a better new stamp bat. ASA only doesn't count:):)
Hit the gym.

Wik

Addicted to Softballfans
I said nothing better. The best bat for you is the one that lets you go to the plate with confidence. There are a lot of bats that perform just as well. For myself.............there is not a better new stamp bat. ASA only doesn't count:):)
Hit the gym.

Do you even lift, bro?! LOL!!!!

I have literally never seen an OG Avarice, except on the net haha....do they have the PED? Or was that before Combat used those? I know late last year there was an Avarice going for dirt cheap but obviously not the OG.

Wik

Addicted to Softballfans
LMAO My bad....I went back and re-read it and was asking myself if you were serious or joking hahah

My entirely TOO long response to your question:

Honestly I swing um all. I played in the early 2000s and back then EVERYTHING was one piece. I stopped playing due to some injuries and came back in early 2015. Found out all the companies were sinking tons of money into two piece tech. Had about 20 different bats (at least lol!) last year but mainly used a Freak 12 (before the hype! I'm what you would call.......a TREND setter :rolleyes:).

This year used alot of DeMarini but as of now, the 4 bats I pack are last year's Izzy Psycho, 2 year's ago Worth Connell Sick, 2012 JH Legit (only 2pc) and now the AA Rogo. The Legit is an experiment and it is nice but I still feel that at least the Worth and Miken 1pc I am packing is still superior. Time will tell with the Rogo.

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
Rogo dual is the best I have seen in one piece.
I have taken the year off playing......but as of last night......Im back.
Bottom line...............Combat has not released a sub par bat in quiet a while.
Thats why I said just work on your swing. Most any good bat will serve you well.
I have not swung the Filip W. Team Combat.

Wik

Addicted to Softballfans
Rogo dual is the best I have seen in one piece.
I have taken the year off playing......but as of last night......Im back.
Bottom line...............Combat has not released a sub par bat in quiet a while.
Thats why I said just work on your swing. Most any good bat will serve you well.
I have not swung the Filip W. Team Combat.

Ya, seems like from all their line this year, the least info I have heard is on the Flips. Strongly considering a 1pc G5 Assault. My problem is it's never that I dislike a certain bat...it's just, one isn't enough haha

Wik

Addicted to Softballfans
i almost never play utrip. The OG Avarice was so good to me, i bought 5 of them. I repeat, i play utrip maybe twice a year

lol! So, um....it's solid? lolol

Also, I got the black and red Rogo 275 and finally got to put some swings on it. I like it, but I notice compared to my Izzy Psycho and Connell Sick that it feels much more "flexy" in the handle. Wasn't awful, but do wish it was stiffer than it is. It hit nicely, very happy, prolly only about 100 swings on it tho so might take a little more work to get it completely opened up. Overall, a really nice stick, especially for the money. Hopefully it will keep getting better. I really like the weight distribution, I got a 27 and it feels smooth to me.

I know this is an older thread but am 95% sure im gunna buy the black/red dual Rogo. I have 2 of the Utrip ones and i love them, just havent heard much about the black/red one. Does it have the discs? I hated a Team 275 i had with the discs and i know they put those in their ASA bats. I play ASA a handfull of times a year, so just looking to get that same/similar Rogo feel/performance of my Utrips into an ASA one.

Normy

I know this is an older thread but am 95% sure im gunna buy the black/red dual Rogo. I have 2 of the Utrip ones and i love them, just havent heard much about the black/red one. Does it have the discs? I hated a Team 275 i had with the discs and i know they put those in their ASA bats. I play ASA a handfull of times a year, so just looking to get that same/similar Rogo feel/performance of my Utrips into an ASA one.
Yes, it has the disc