another "custom glove has arrived" thrad!!

Finally, people. Its here. The UPS man decided to show up about three hours late to deliver, but it finally made it. And it is NICE!
IMG_20130404_220913.jpg

IMG_20130404_220932.jpg

IMG_20130404_221027.jpg

IMG_20130404_221035.jpg

Pic with flash
IMG_20130404_205930.jpg

Even came with a sweet keychain.
IMG_20130404_221128.jpg

I'll get better pictures up when the lighting is better tomorrow, along with measurements and maybe even a video. First impressions on the "Pro Stiff", it is STIFF! Prior to this, this stiffest glove I'd put on was the GMP6 I got off Mike. That pales in comparison to how stiff this is. I wasn't expecting it to be too bad, but I can just barely start to close it with TIP, and forget about conventional. It barely budges. There is a slight issue with the thumb and pinky loops. I guess, even though it doesn't say anywhere that they're included, the lace color goes with the loops' color. So while the rest of the glove is Orange Tan, the loops are Saddle Tan like the laces. Minor detail, I'm waiting to hear back from Wilson on. I doubt they'll do much, but waiting another 8 weeks is a long time. I still love it!!

Last edited:

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
I was planning on a "meh" comment (for grins), but that's as nice as it gets (except for split welting and the aforementioned loops). But I seem to recall that Wilson customs tie the loop color to the laces, not the shell.... Yes, that is even more stupid than not having split welting available, but it took three MBAs to figure that out.

Nice.

Jen_16

Coach
Looks like the index finger contrasts slightly in the finger side. Minor detail and out of anyone's control but I dig it.

Nice catch McJenny. One of the first things I noticed.

And Rous, I could have sworn it had the OT in the mockup, I'll have to find the confirmation email to see if it had a pic of them because when I mock one up now it does show the loops as ST. I was going back and forth on the lace color between ST and OT, not sure why though because I have planned on putting 1/4" in the web and fingers anyway.

Podo

"JewDoe"
Looks like the index finger contrasts slightly in the finger side. Minor detail and out of anyone's control but I dig it.
That's their signature stripe! ;)
Nice catch McJenny. One of the first things I noticed.

And Rous, I could have sworn it had the OT in the mockup, I'll have to find the confirmation email to see if it had a pic of them because when I mock one up now it does show the loops as ST. I was going back and forth on the lace color between ST and OT, not sure why though because I have planned on putting 1/4" in the web and fingers anyway.

Even still now that u know how stiff it is your putting 1/4" in it?

sac4

Addicted to Softballfans
When you designed the glove it shows the loops being the same color as the lace.

Thanks for the comments guys. Looks like the loops color was an oversight on my end, not Wilson's. I can live with it, minor detail. I plan on keeping them untied anyway. It is a bit heavier than I thought it would be, I'm sure Mike will weigh it for his PI/custom comparison.

DIRTY 30

Mine isn't the lightest glove I've ever felt either, but it's not Primo heavy. I like a little beef on my glove anyway.

count me in for the whole oz.

Just measured and it is spot on 12.25". It does feel like it will play big though. I'm surprised at how long it feels (not like 13" long, but you know). I don't think it is a bad thing. I was expecting the width though. I'll get some other measurements (web, heel) this evening along with some natural sunlight pictures.

Damn!!! Great looking glove! Now I want a Custom! I'll wait to see Dirty's video comparison of the PI A2000 vs Custom A2000, before I think about it any further. Can't wait for that!