Another example of softball douch baggery!

moorerm04

Addicted to Softballfans
Monday night league, fun ass league no HR limit, 280' fences, ASA. Obviously some balls get hit out. Teammate hit a ball that goes out in dead center by 20' at least. Clearly a HR, but the RC fielder throws his hands up like it is caught under fence or something. The umpire is oblivious, not paying attention and rules it a ground rule double. Obviously this starts an argument between umpire, teammate, and opposing RC. Fast forward 3 innings, I hit a solid line drive that just carries out in RC (like 1 foot) and again the RC throws his hands up trying to play another one off. Umpire was watching close, and rules it a HR. RC throws a fit arguing, cursing etc. Gets Ejected, refuse's to leave park, cops get called all kinds of butthurt end of story. I know Cool Story Bro, STFU, GTFO, EAD, Honey Boo Boo Child Im Out!

huzzdog

retired
this happens in dome ball a lot. very hard to tell if a ball is an hr or an out based on where it hits. have seen a few people lose their cool.. um hey dude it's january there is a foot of snow on the ground and we are playing ball.. with a bar attached. calm down

g8orguy

Addicted to Softballfans
I admit I'd kinda like to see that. Convincing an ump a hr is a ground rule double.... I'ma have to try that sometime...

sleepin4matty

Management Material
I admit I'd kinda like to see that. Convincing an ump a hr is a ground rule double.... I'ma have to try that sometime...

We have a guy in our league do this all the time. the fences in the OF are bent up just enough that if you hit a ball in the right spot it will roll under the fence or get wedged under the chain link. the second the ball is even near the fence he waves his arms like a crazy person yelling that it's out of play

synergy40

Addicted to Softballfans
This is not softball douchebaggery this is straight up douche bag. Softball douchebaggery would be players trying to use banned bats or players complaining every bat is shaved cuz they lost.

g8orguy

Addicted to Softballfans
We have a guy in our league do this all the time. the fences in the OF are bent up just enough that if you hit a ball in the right spot it will roll under the fence or get wedged under the chain link. the second the ball is even near the fence he waves his arms like a crazy person yelling that it's out of play

That's too funny. As long as it's not happening to you that is...

71bama17

Addicted to Softballfans
douchebags in every crowd, Had a guy calling out illegal bats in a league with no bat rules once

The ump needs to pay better attention. I'm sure that play works a couple of times a year.

We have a catcher that likes to add outs to the other team once in awhile. It actually works sometimes. [Likely flagrant D-baggery, but it's pretty funny]

MP33

Addicted to Softballfans
Monday night league, fun ass league no HR limit, 280' fences, ASA. Obviously some balls get hit out. Teammate hit a ball that goes out in dead center by 20' at least. Clearly a HR, but the RC fielder throws his hands up like it is caught under fence or something. The umpire is oblivious, not paying attention and rules it a ground rule double. Obviously this starts an argument between umpire, teammate, and opposing RC. Fast forward 3 innings, I hit a solid line drive that just carries out in RC (like 1 foot) and again the RC throws his hands up trying to play another one off. Umpire was watching close, and rules it a HR. RC throws a fit arguing, cursing etc. Gets Ejected, refuse's to leave park, cops get called all kinds of butthurt end of story. I know Cool Story Bro, STFU, GTFO, EAD, Honey Boo Boo Child Im Out!

As an ump, that is when I tell that teams captain/manager if the ejected player doesn't leave, the game is over and will be a forfeit on your team.

FatBoy28

SBF is a cruel Mistress
Doing it isn't D-baggery, throwing a temper tantrum when you caught is.

Last edited: