Another Recoil (ASA) question

COKEMAN

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm just getting back into softball after a few years off and looking to upgrade my equipment. From researching on this forum and elsewhere, I am pretty well set on finding an ASA Recoil, but I can't pull the trigger because I am undecided between the 180 and 250. I have read the posts on the differences, I know that the 250 is not really end loaded, but a stiffer bat than the 180. However, I am wondering which one will fit me better and what weight would be a decent fit.

I suppose I have fairly fast bat speed, but I really have nothing to compare it with. Currently, I am swinging a teammates 26oz Salvo and I can get the ball to the fence pretty easy (300-320ft fences) but haven't really tried to hit any out since I'm playing 0 HR at the moment. I occasionally swing another 28oz Easton (but I don't remember the model) that I can hit just as far as the Salvo.

I also spend every Fall cutting down trees with a 4 pound axe. I HATE the fiberglass handles because you can feel them flex when they hit the tree and prefer the stiffer Hickory handles. Do you think that would translate into maybe being better suited for the 250 or is the flex of the 180 not that bad? Does anyone know where the flex of the Salvo fits between the 180 and 250 Recoils?

Thanks for any info guys. Really great forum.

RadCon10

Hibernating Up North
Currently, I am swinging a teammates 26oz Salvo and I can get the ball to the fence pretty easy (300-320ft fences) but haven't really tried to hit any out since I'm playing 0 HR at the moment.

If you can't hit homeruns in your league then you won't want a Recoil. It's hard to keep the ball in the park with the Recoil;)

I would go with the 250 if I were you.

bmurph

Addicted to Softballfans
250. for what its worth i own 2 180s and 1 250 and i can't tell the difference so if you get a real good price on a 180 i wouldn't bail on it just because its a 180. they are great bats btw.