Any 2017 Louisville Slugger info??

BigDawgz

Extra Hitter
Don't believe everything you see!!!
i don't believe pictures of compression tests, but when the canadian LS hitter Francois Henry put up a video of his Super Z testing a little over 220, it seemed legit and he claims to have put 800 swings on the bat. i can tell you i had the white and green Super Z from 2015 and i put over 500 swings and that thing was testing at 300.

Last edited:

superfli18

Addicted to Softballfans
Well the new composite Def doesn't seem to be everything they r talking it up to be.... Think they will be good bats just goin need time to break in. I'm not crazy about the weighting on mine. Def not an end load, more of a mid load. Trying to decide if I want to keep it or sell it...... decisions decisions!

Josh L.

Extra Hitter
Swung a Z4 and Super Z the other night, both were the end load versions. I wasn't overly impressed by either. I think Louisville is over hyping them, they were definitely better than the previous year, but still a little ways off from the top bats IMO. I think they'll be pretty good with time but I can definitely say they did not live up to the hype at all.

D.Morton

Addicted to Softballfans
Swung a Z4 and Super Z the other night, both were the end load versions. I wasn't overly impressed by either. I think Louisville is over hyping them, they were definitely better than the previous year, but still a little ways off from the top bats IMO. I think they'll be pretty good with time but I can definitely say they did not live up to the hype at all.

Around 500 swings they get good, I can update past that when I get there. Great bats if you don't mind bp, broken in these should be as good as anything out like last years. It seems like bp is a lost art, LS is the new Easton as far as break in and judging them off out of the wrapper is no different than judging a 13-16 Easton after a round of bp and dubbing them a turd.

Josh L.

Extra Hitter
When the company as well as their reps are hyping the bats as hot out of the wrapper it's 100% fair game to judge the bats out of the wrapper performance.

SandyWH

#Delicious
When the company as well as their reps are hyping the bats as hot out of the wrapper it's 100% fair game to judge the bats out of the wrapper performance.
No company ever has campaigned "Not the best but if you feel like taking 2000 BP cuts you'll eventually have a firestick"

Even Easton used to claim they were hot out of the wrapper.

CAMARO80P

I only put about 50 cuts on my KK AND Military Z endload and hit some around 400 ft with them. I do think Louisvilke bats tend to have a nice sweetspot. Plus they never sting the Outta my hands likevsome new Eastons do.

J2009

Boom !!!!!
We played in a tourny yesterday and we had to use all new tps bats, I don't think I heard anyone say they liked them and all the felt like crap and we broke one kk super z it was the best felling of all of them, but does swing heavy

superfli18

Addicted to Softballfans
He did it about 3-4 months ago. In summary it was very poor out of the wrapper. It took almost 1000 swings to get the sound and feel to change and really open up. I almost gave up on it at 4-500 swings. Then I gave it to a buddy that BP's a lot and told him to hit till it breaks. He returned with a smile and said he got about 500 more on it and I needed to hit it! Needless to say it's right with anything else out there now! Great Bat! Just took it a LONG time to get there.

Last edited:

Crusty

Addicted to Softballfans
My problem with Louisville Slugger since the OG Z-2000s is the lack of reward for the work I put in. I've owned a RI Z-2000, Z-4000, and super Z. All of them broke quickly after I got them to the stage I would consider a gamer. It was like a 1000 swings of BP and then 200 game swings. That's why I have chose to use Easton or Miken. At least Eastons I know I will be rewarded long after they are broke in. And Mikens seem to last as long as I use them for games only after 100-200 swings.

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't have any inside information on it. All I know is from what I've seen and heard. The people that got to swing it said it felt like the original z1k. And it was very good right from the get go. It's called the proto I believe.

ichiromoco

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't have any inside information on it. All I know is from what I've seen and heard. The people that got to swing it said it felt like the original z1k. And it was very good right from the get go. It's called the proto I believe.

So in other words its what everyone wants but never seems to be able to get... Where's the pre order line start?

BigDawgz

Extra Hitter
i have noticed a lot of reps and LS hitters are claiming the new bats every year are like the OG z2000, like the z4000 and the super z when they came out. heck even the z4000+ from DTwoE claimed they had the LS2X composite and they did not hit like the OG did. why the hell would they claim that when they should be trying to make something better than they have ever made. just my 2 cents.

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans
i have noticed a lot of reps and LS hitters are claiming the new bats every year are like the OG z2000, like the z4000 and the super z when they came out. heck even the z4000+ from DTwoE claimed they had the LS2X composite and they did not hit like the OG did. why the hell would they claim that when they should be trying to make something better than they have ever made. just my 2 cents.
Couldn't tell you why they won't make something totally new. This new bat might be able to deliver though.

single wally

Professional Amateur
Funny how the first Utrip new stamp LS (OG Z2K) and Eastons (ST100, 100H, 100W) were the best, and they haven't bettered, let alone matched those lines, since. Worth and Miken first new stamp bats sucked and now they dominate.