Any 2017 Louisville Slugger info??

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!
I seen some prototypes from a guy on my team that works for LS and they were smashin the 52's. I'll see if i can get some pics.

BigDawgz

Extra Hitter
Funny how the first Utrip new stamp LS (OG Z2K) and Eastons (ST100, 100H, 100W) were the best, and they haven't bettered, let alone matched those lines, since. Worth and Miken first new stamp bats sucked and now they dominate.

Funny you mention Easton, I bought both the ASA & Utrip Easton Reckonings on sale and I am actually impressed. both bats webbed up within 100 swings and have pretty good exit speed. I have never seen that on any Easton within the last few years I have owned. those suckers needed 500 swings to even start feeling good. I think Easton has actually gotten better in my opinion.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Funny how the first Utrip new stamp LS (OG Z2K) and Eastons (ST100, 100H, 100W) were the best, and they haven't bettered, let alone matched those lines, since. Worth and Miken first new stamp bats sucked and now they dominate.
The og z, you mean the one that was insane and broke early?

Eastons have gotten way better. If you consider all factors I don't think tps haven't gotten some better. You don't have to worry about qc numbers and they last longer. My teammates z3k tested around 300 the other night and it's the hottest 300 I've ever seen. I don't think compression is everything.

I've seen some pretty hot kks, they just take way more swings than other bats and don't seem to last as long as you'd expect once they get there.

KoolAid

I hit a demo Z a week or so ago. It was all black with no markings/decals but sure did feel like the old Z's. I don't know if this was the Jeff Hall version or not (been told that he is with LS now) but there should be two versions. Jeff Hall version and a ATWL version. The one we hit was new out of the wrapper and still had the hollow sound (nothing like the one that Yates is swinging) but it was pretty nice. Compression tested at 275 in the wrapper. Due out @ the end of the year I believe but not confirmed. We were hitting Evil BP's and those would make any bat perform great, but this bat showed promise. It hit the 52's well also with not much drop off in pop and distance. Temp in the video (below) was in the high 80's low 90's.

Link: this video was uploaded using photo bucket so it might not work on phones. I can text the video to someone that knows how to upload it on this site
http://vid24.photobucket.com/albums/c47/koolaid_1969/Video/IMG_0752_zpstuixats9.mp4

Last edited:

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!
Saw the 2018 LS line tonight...

Z5, Jeff Hall, and the Super Z 1000...

We didnt get to swing it cause its an ASA league, but I'm excited to try the Super Z1000