Any info or pics would be really appreciated

Camoninja

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm looking into getting a custom glove for the outfield that is 13+ inches. I've got a good idea of what I want to get, 13in glovesmith usa open back, but I haven't seen any pictures of a broken in one. How will this play? I'm looking for a wide glove that will measure 13 to 14 in. My other choices are a Vinci br46, capote 13.5 in Japan kip, or a 13in SSK Pro. I haven't heard much or seen much on capture gloves except the normal " good custom for the price" and I'll have a 13in custom SSK on Wednesday to check out.... not mine, it's for the girlfriend. Any help on how these will play with broke in/gamer pictures would be great.

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
Not quite the size you are asking about but I recently picked up this 12.5. Plays very wide as I have it and very nice leather. I would say maybe 40% broken in.
20140904_214104_zpszkub6irx.jpg

20140904_214121_zpsjkrwguiz.jpg

20140904_214037_zpsbxmo7kdt.jpg

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!
I game a BR-46 and i love it. Can't say anything about the other gloves as this is my first high end glove...for the money i spent, i think its a pretty good value...broke in pretty easy after a light coat of conditioner and still going strong...still fairly stiff...but a huge pocket...i'll try and get pics up for you bro...PM me an email addy or ph # if you want me to send it quicker to u...

mikgars

Manager
1&2- A custom mesh backed BR46, game ready but not all the way broken-in. Fyi it had a bad case of Vinci thumb.
3- A GS1350 gameable but not close to being broken-in.
4- Your old glove still going strong with a fresh relace (pic before the relace).
5- If your looking for a custom in that size range it doesn't get any better than this.
I've seen enough pics of your gamers to know that no matter the pattern its going to end up plenty wide.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Bart told me the new 13" Glovesmith open back pattern is really more like 12 7/8"... which tells me it won't measure 13"+. For that, you need the close back version (1300 or 1350).

Camoninja

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm not sure if I will like a closed back after using open backs for so long. I had a Vinci PJV and didn't care for the closed back at all. I may end up going with a open back glovesmith anyway as I don't want to have to replace the inserts the day I get one.

Camoninja

Addicted to Softballfans
I went ahead and ordered a br46, a sheet of 1/8 in HDPE, I really wish I didn't have to fix a brand new glove, some f7 felt padding just in case. I should have it all done by next Thursday if anyone is interested in seeing it.

Trung1130

FREE AGENT FOR LIFE
Camoninja check out my post on FB Fielding glove page about newer vincis and the HDPE and padding that is now used.

Camoninja

Addicted to Softballfans
I gamed the BR46 last week and realized I am going to have to replace the thumb Insert, as it bends backwards, and add a hole to the wrist to tighten it up.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
The new Vinci felt is nice, I just wish they would thicken the top layer by 1/8" on the thumb as well as lengthening the stay. Those two simple fixes would be such a huge improvement.

BTW, I just sent Bart PP for a new closed back 1300.

Now I just need to sell something or two.

Camoninja

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm pretty curious how yours will look. I'm going to order a open back USA, or possibly try a closed back, to break in this winter. The felt was a lot nicer then what was in the other glove. I pulled it out of my older Vinci and it pretty much looked like a fluffy pillow so I replaced it with 3/16 F7 felt and 1/8in HDPE. I'll be playing down at Keist Park at the Bash for Cash I believe.