ASA Any Loudon Va umps, know the about ball color

PIGGY54

Addicted to Softballfans
We play at Potomac Lakes, in division D. Last season the white asa balls were gtg, and was wondering if they would continue through Fall? There is no update on there leagues website.

Appreciate any help

buckster

Addicted to Softballfans
Local rules usually supercede ASA Championship Rules, so you would have to go straight to the LD on this one. Since the edict was handed down from the National Office that as of 2010, all balls used in sanctioned ASA play must be optic yellow most major ball manufacturers stopped making the white balls, although I still see some at different sporting goods stores. Better have some yellow balls handy just in case the umpire won't allow the white ones.

PIGGY54

Addicted to Softballfans
Local rules usually supercede ASA Championship Rules, so you would have to go straight to the LD on this one. Since the edict was handed down from the National Office that as of 2010, all balls used in sanctioned ASA play must be optic yellow most major ball manufacturers stopped making the white balls, although I still see some at different sporting goods stores. Better have some yellow balls handy just in case the umpire won't allow the white ones.

Yeah, I had bought up a bunch of optic TA for our last season, but several teams continued playing with whits balls. When I asked the ump, he said he was not aware of any rule allowing only optic yellow. So I'm thinking I may be able to snag some of the few white TAs out there for Fall.