Any Of You Think You're Man Enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

N LA Hacker

Illuminati
To hit a bullet? You want to talk about bat speed. Get you some.

45bat.jpg

45bats.jpg

bigcountry77

Addicted to Softballfans
i can understand what the multi-tool is for but the gun has me puzzled. i would loove to see how far it would of went if you hit the barrel

TRaj2327

Is that the new way to break in a bat?

Yea...it's stupid hot right now.....I put 8 rounds on it

3XC

Big Truss
How did you time the swing? My math calculates a .45 round at 850 fps (average).

So 850 fps, it would travel 5280 feet (a mile) in 6.21 seconds.

Now if a car doing 60 mph goes 1 mile a minute, and thats 60 seconds, divided by 6.21, the bullet will go 9.66 miles a minute, or 579.6 miles per hour. Thats 6 times faster than a MLB fastball, meaning you have 1/6th the reaction time.

It can be done. This is proof. Congrats N LA on being the first softball player to achieve this remarkable feat.

N LA Hacker

Illuminati
It was tough and took a few tries. We shot at the same target every time and just tried to keep the swing plane on that level. I should have taken a video.

3XC

Big Truss
With a titanium bat the bullet might not penetrate and you could actually hit it, but you run the risk of killing the "pitcher" here.

"Shooting" middle. Heh. Get it? lolz!

dorsete

Addicted to Softballfans
How did you time the swing? My math calculates a .45 round at 850 fps (average).

So 850 fps, it would travel 5280 feet (a mile) in 6.21 seconds.

Now if a car doing 60 mph goes 1 mile a minute, and thats 60 seconds, divided by 6.21, the bullet will go 9.66 miles a minute, or 579.6 miles per hour. Thats 6 times faster than a MLB fastball, meaning you have 1/6th the reaction time.

It can be done. This is proof. Congrats N LA on being the first softball player to achieve this remarkable feat.

isn't 850 fps muzzle velocity though?

madmark33

Athletic Supporter
Bring it then, nub whacker. By my calculations, that bullet, off a titanium bat or even a plutonium bat(heaviest of metals) would fall dead at my feet, whilst standing on a pitching rubber.

Status
Not open for further replies.