Anybody Have Any Luck Removing Name Stitching?

3B707

Addicted to Softballfans
Just scored a PP CGB25F with somebody's name stitched on the thumb. Just wondering if anyone has tried removing the stitching before - what's worse - keeping someone else's name on it or having all the little holes after removing it?

MNCFer

Mr. Glass
^^I've seen them with it removed and I think I'd play with it on there. Was it the one from the bay? I've seen a glove Podo has that he had a patch with his name sewn over and it looked like a good option.

Podo

"JewDoe"
Yah patch turned out pretty good I'll get pics tonight for yah. I bought the patches off the bay (which I still have some left) went to embroider me to get the name sewn on then to the local leather shop to have it stitched. U will have to take the lace out of the heel and thumb then pull out the padding so they can get the sewing machine up in the thumb. All to gather I think it cost me like $35 to cover it up.

Hustlers0211

Addicted to Softballfans
Podo I once purchased an iron on patch and did this cover up. I placed a cloth over the glove and patch when I ironed it. It adheased(sp?) well and I never had a problem with it. Good permanent solution with the stitching.

Podo

"JewDoe"
Podo I once purchased an iron on patch and did this cover up. I placed a cloth over the glove and patch when I ironed it. It adheased(sp?) well and I never had a problem with it. Good permanent solution with the stitching.

Huh really, wow I didn't think that the iron on ones would stay. Well mine have to be sewn on and here is how it turned out

c9b77316.jpg