Anyone ever punch a hole in a closed back for forefinger w TIP

Spackler

...got that goin for me
Has any TIP users punched a hole in a closed back so they can get their finger out like in an open back...and did it work out?

I know a decent cobbler and thot it be an easy job for him to punch a hole where the quarter is and sew it up nice. Im thinking of a hole that doesn't mess with the lace above it...My open back was stolen at field but digging this closed back replacement....

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
I suppose you can cut the oval, punch the perimeter holes and lace it like a fingerpad-less Rawlings fastback. No stitching necessary. If you can match the lace, you can try to make it look stock.

mbstores-store_1761_13218911

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
If you had a regular fastback I think you could make it work (as above), but with the TJ modified back, I am not sure it will fit.

A Cy 617

Dad, Fire fighter, bat flipper.
Maybe you should have thought about that before you bought it?

Sell the glove and get a new one, if it doesn't come out right you've ruined the glove and will have no value.

Spackler

...got that goin for me
^^^^Cause the glove is bitchin and not a deal breaker....

Maybe I'll take a test drive with a cheaper glove and not experiment with my new gamer....I was thinking punch the hole, sew it up, sew binding around for comfort like the finger hole next to it vs the rawlings one above....plus Im guessing my cobbler hasn't worked on gloves so simple is good but he does make custom leather shoes....

17HnH

Old Made New Glove Relacing Owner
If you love the glove and aren't worried about the value decreasing (likely significantly), I say go for it. Then post some before/after pics.

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
just a thought...

if you have a decent cobbler already, why not alter the current opening to run wider? then do new binding across the whole opening? would look kinda like the opening on the slowpitch black proflares that basically have a two finger opening

Spackler

...got that goin for me
just a thought...

if you have a decent cobbler already, why not alter the current opening to run wider? then do new binding across the whole opening? would look kinda like the opening on the slowpitch black proflares that basically have a two finger opening

now that's a good idear.....