Anyone ever seen a black 585 Miken Maniac?

cmo27

Local Celebrity
There's really only 2 possibilities here.. 1) You are now the proud owner of an extremely rare prototype or misprint bat.. 2) You are now the proud owner of an Ultra that was masterfully redone into a 585 except for the one little, minor, nobody would ever notice (lol), detail that its supposed to be MAROON.. Just my .02

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
that is a sweet lookin bat. looks cooler than the 585 and 484. taper is deff wrong, but not an ultra. who knows what the intentions were on this stick. probably a utrip psycho or something and painted it to look like a 484 at a glance but covered themselves by keeping it with utrip decals? i dunno. i will stfu. could have been a miken worker goofin around too. i seen the og 585's with a red 585 endcap. they should ahve used them on the 484's. would have looked slick.

Blake

(|)
looks like a match.....look at the cannon
picture.php

marinemike21

Addicted to Softballfans
I had one of those. Had it for about an hour one session of BP and it flew in half at the end of the handle. Of course I got a NR on it after that hadnt really looked for another one. It was hot for the 40-50 cuts I had on it though.

Sinyk

Addicted to Softballfans
I would check under the grip for a serial. That might explain something unless they painted over that too.

Q23

Addicted to Softballfans
not saying do it...:D however if it was used in an ASA sanctioned game, it probably wouldnt even be noticed... not too many guys would be looking at the numbers and even notice it... so you "could" probably get away with it till you hit one like 350+

Q23

Addicted to Softballfans
on a side note... louconn, you totally ruined that bat collection with that Clear:D

ball go far

Addicted to Softballfans
not saying do it...:D however if it was used in an ASA sanctioned game, it probably wouldnt even be noticed... not too many guys would be looking at the numbers and even notice it... so you "could" probably get away with it till you hit one like 350+

cause if anybody hits one that far flags get thrown up...shame it has come down to that
whatever happened to "**** that guy kills the ball":confused:

Q23

Addicted to Softballfans
every once in a while you hear it... i think a lot of it some times has to deal with what size the dude is. No one expects some one under 200 to do it (not saying it cant be done) but lots of flags get thrown when the bat sounds like glass, the guy is 175lb and ball goes 350+. ijs

Q23

Addicted to Softballfans
not to mention we all know when it gets hit that far people never believe its just a player hitting it hard... so that bat would come into question and then notice it says 585 on the graphics... but if there isnt an ASA stamp on it then it wouldnt be used in ASA anyway... ASA stamp???

ball go far

Addicted to Softballfans
every once in a while you hear it... i think a lot of it some times has to deal with what size the dude is. No one expects some one under 200 to do it (not saying it cant be done) but lots of flags get thrown when the bat sounds like glass, the guy is 175lb and ball goes 350+. ijs

yep, i get called out pretty often, i also on call people out when that bat sounds like doo doo, but not even then somtimes...just over making a scene, ****'em, i stay sucka free

warpath

BUTT****ING THE WORLD
I love it when I get called out, i'll hit a hr and yell "THATS HOW A MAN HITS IT" POW SON!!!!! They can cry all they want, if they got the balls put up the money and protest the bat.

titanescr

Well I now peeled the grip almost all the way off and couldn't find any serial numbers anywhere. However the handle changed to gray as I got closer to the knob....???? Anyway I'm going to take it out for some BP this weekend.

cmo27

Local Celebrity
Well I now peeled the grip almost all the way off and couldn't find any serial numbers anywhere. However the handle changed to gray as I got closer to the knob....???? Anyway I'm going to take it out for some BP this weekend.

You sir, just answered your own question.. I'd be careful using that thing

titanescr

Sorry so what bat do you think it really is???? One guy thought it might be an Ultra but the only Ultra I have ever used is the legacy. I created a photo album in my profile if anyone wants to check out the pictures.