Anyone ever...

bigmac25

Extra Hitter
Lost their glove or had it stolen?

Really weird, last night I had a game in a huge park just outside downtown Buffalo. It has a zoo in it, as well as a track running the circumference of the park. It houses multiple sport fields, but only has 2 true hardball fields.

Anyway, I never bring all my gloves- just what I want to use that day. Last night I was playing 3rd so my rv23 was on the bench and my 1st base glove was on top of/next to my bag which was behind the bench. 5 feet away, the wives/kids/girlfriends were sitting in chairs and other people were next to them behind home plate sitting on the bleachers. I noticed my 1st base glove on my bag as late as the 5th, but when it came time to pack up it was no longer there. I've played with these guys for years and trust them all. So maybe it somehow ended up in someones elses bag but I imagine I would have heard by now if that was the case. The girls were close enough where if some random person came up and took it and walked away, they would have been like WTF and noticed someone who didnt belong there. Either way, its just gone!! Im holding out hope it turns up, but it doesn't look good.

I'm sure others have been separated from their beloved glove and thought itd be interesting to hear others sad stories about how their glove was "borrowed" or maybe even stolen and never returned...

Shoreman

Star Player
It happened last night…
I'm sure someone scooped it up by accident or it ended up in the equipment bag.

LSU

Starting Player
Yep, got my PRO200-6 stolen out of my truck one night. Someone went in and stole my Marucci booksack which included my PRO200-6, a Spalding Cano, and my Luminox watch. Don Morton's ran out of PRO200-6's a couple weeks before it was stolen and they haven't had any new ones yet. My old wallet and some cash were in the center console, but all that was taken was my baseball bag. :(

Last edited:

bigmac25

Extra Hitter
Yep, got my PRO200-6 stolen out of my truck one night. Someone went in and stole my Marucci booksack which included my PRO200-6, a Spalding Cano, and my Luminox watch. Don Morton's ran out of PRO200-6's a couple weeks before it was stolen and they haven't had any new ones yet. My old wallet and some cash were in the center console, but all that was taken was my baseball bag. :(

aww, sorry man- thats terrible!!

MaverickAH

I lost my 17yo A2000 ELO last year. I'm pretty sure it happened when I was changing clothes on a park bench after a game. It either fell off the bench or I just forgot to repack it in my bag in the rush to leave. After 17 years it was just a utility backup but I still miss it!

turner033

Addicted to Softballfans
I left mine on the fence after a game. The team that played after us "never saw one" and gave me the customary "sorry bud, hope you find it". Good times, glove never gets put down anywhere other than my bag now.

yankees23

Addicted to Softballfans
Years ago had my car stolen with all my softball equipment in it as well as my tools. They found my car (85 Buick T-Type). A few weeks later destroyed and all the stuff was gone. On a better note I went out and ordered a new Rawlings PRO-TB which I still have today 20+ years later and it started my collecting/ buying/Trading addiction. Ever since then I rarely leave anything of value in my car. So I guess something good came out of a bad experience.

moren025

Addicted to Softballfans
I was helping out a team that was short (helping them avoid the forfeit fee) after our game. Shaking hands and BSing with the ump, went back to the bench to get my gear and low and behold my 1799 was gone. Knew a couple of brothers on that team and got the old "we'll make some calls for you". 7 years later and I still miss that glove.

NYC

Swag on 100.
So they left the rv23 and took the 1B glove? I think someone probably took it by mistake. The problem is even if they did take it by mistake they might be scared to come forward because they think you won't believe them.

bigmac25

Extra Hitter
So they left the rv23 and took the 1B glove? I think someone probably took it by mistake. The problem is even if they did take it by mistake they might be scared to come forward because they think you won't believe them.

ha! no one is a fan of the RV. they much prefer their GGE's that are broken if "perfect"..:rolleyes:

As I said, I know all these guys well and it was on top of my bag. I dont believe someone took it... if it was stolen someone would have to had walked up, taken in, and walked away which just seems very unlikely. I'm hoping it just ended up in the wrong bag, but it hasnt turned up as of yet. I wouldnt care as much if it was another glove, but after cycling through a few this year in search of what was IMO the perfect glove I doubt I'll be able to find another of the code 55 procmhcb2tb any time soon. I'll either have to get a new bar and a bit of padding in my usa cmhcb, or start breaking in my minty one but had wanted to keep that nwot as 98s dont seem easy to come by new.

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
I almost left my A2K KP92 on a clubhouse table last week. I knelt to tie my shoelaces and I remember my thought process went to ordering a custom Glovesmith. As I got up and took about 3 steps, I finally realized I left my glove on the table.

pg1027

Addicted to Softballfans
Lost my GMP55 about 3 weeks ago. I have a EL3 as a back up that I've been using until my new A2k 1799 comes in. I ordered the new A2k and UPS says it was delivered... but I never got it. I have put in a claim on the delivery. Past month has not been good for me and my gloves.

Captain10

E skills playing D Ball
Im assuming you have called each one of your teammates and ask that they check their bags, correct? No where did you state that but have to assume its been done. I really do hope it turns up somewhere.

My wife makes fun of my OCD with my equipment. I check it when it goes in the truck after games, and again when i take it outta the truck when I get home.

Bats can most of the time be replaced but some of these rare/hard to find gloves we use would be such a pain to try to track down another. Good luck bud.

case2000

Extra Hitter
That is a more than a sad baseball story Yankees23! Those Buick T-Types were rare vehicles. I had an 86 T-Type that I sold in 2001. What a shame for a car like that to be destroyed.

yardballz

Part Time Player
That is a more than a sad baseball story Yankees23! Those Buick T-Types were rare vehicles. I had an 86 T-Type that I sold in 2001. What a shame for a car like that to be destroyed.

Thats funny. When i read that post i was wondering if there were any other car guys on here who knew what t-types and grand nationals were.

bigmac25

Extra Hitter
Im assuming you have called each one of your teammates and ask that they check their bags, correct? No where did you state that but have to assume its been done. I really do hope it turns up somewhere.

My wife makes fun of my OCD with my equipment. I check it when it goes in the truck after games, and again when i take it outta the truck when I get home.

Bats can most of the time be replaced but some of these rare/hard to find gloves we use would be such a pain to try to track down another. Good luck bud.

Thanks my man! The guy whos team it is sent out a mass text, and I posted a group post w/pic on FB and about 1/2 mthe guys have gotten back. The only hope i have left is we get to the game on thurs and it pops up. I'm weird w/gloves (although maybe its not as weird in this forum) and i remember before the last inning looking at it from 10 ft away and thinking "damn, thats an awesome looking glove" I actually got up twice that inning and when it was over we celebrated, shot the **** and went to pack up and a qtr of the team was already gone and so was my mitt. If its gone, I hope a version[URL=http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/andrewhasseler/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20150715_150018_zpsxbgygbbe.jpg.html] [/URL] pops up on ebay over the winter. It was very close to my college tan cmhcb usa hoh so when i saw the tan w/black laces and found out it was an Rgear.com exclusive from 2012 that was their version of "code55" I thought we'd never part... I guess the only thing I have going for me replacement wise is that its not terribly old. Like i said, i really dont wanna break in my minty 98.[URL=http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/andrewhasseler/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20150716_104030_zps2llz4e73.jpg.html] [/URL] Sidenote, 1st base gloves seem to have changed quite a bit since then. This isnt nearly as stiff and feels like it does not even have a insert it the thumb at all. The one i have broken in is nice, but super floppy and im afraid this one, if broken in would be exactly the same.

Last edited:

bigjbowski16

Addicted to Softballfans
Had my mzp51 ichiro stolen that I used in college bout 10 years ago. Still makes me mad to think about that. Replaced it with a gcp51 the next week and that was stolen last year.

Last edited:

bigmac25

Extra Hitter
Had my mzp51 ichiro stolen that I used in college bout 10 years ago. Still makes me mad to think about that. Replaced it with a gcp51 the next week and that was stolen last year.

Aaawww nnnooo!!!! Thats bad luck. You're the first double whammie so far..:(

powermatt99

Gloveman
Several years ago now, after a double header I put my bag in the capped and locked bed of my old pickup truck and headed downtown for bar hopping. Ended up sobering up at a coffee shop. When I headed back to my truck, I found the lock had been breached and my bag stolen. I had some pretty nice bats but far more disheartening was the Wilson Conform A1915 my grandmother had bought for me for Christmas before my freshman year of high school baseball. She passed away during my freshman season. That glove was so beat up but so precious that instead of replacing it, I had it almost completely rebuilt at the local sports equipment place that the pro teams, including the Brewers and Bucks, use for their equipment. I've since been able to find a replacement Conform. They are great gloves. As great as my current conform is, though, I miss how imperfect the old, well-used Conform felt on my hand. I really miss the scratchiness of the replacement faux-shearling that the sports equipment place sewed on to replace the plush Wilson shearling which had rotted out from sweat. For a while I would get a sick feeling every time I would use the A2000-L I bought to replace the Conform.

pg1027

Addicted to Softballfans
Several years ago now, after a double header I put my bag in the capped and locked bed of my old pickup truck and headed downtown for bar hopping. Ended up sobering up at a coffee shop. When I headed back to my truck, I found the lock had been breached and my bag stolen. I had some pretty nice bats but far more disheartening was the Wilson Conform A1915 my grandmother had bought for me for Christmas before my freshman year of high school baseball. She passed away during my freshman season. That glove was so beat up but so precious that instead of replacing it, I had it almost completely rebuilt at the local sports equipment place that the pro teams, including the Brewers and Bucks, use for their equipment. I've since been able to find a replacement Conform. They are great gloves. As great as my current conform is, though, I miss how imperfect the old, well-used Conform felt on my hand. I really miss the scratchiness of the replacement faux-shearling that the sports equipment place sewed on to replace the plush Wilson shearling which had rotted out from sweat. For a while I would get a sick feeling every time I would use the A2000-L I bought to replace the Conform.

Damn that is rough, bro! Yeah something about these gloves hold a sweet spot in our hearts.

My gf told me that she could almost see the pain in my face when I told her I lost my glove, that I had a completely devastated look on my face like a kid who wakes up for Christmas with no presents.

Glitch

Starting Player
Exact opposite story for you guys.

Few months back when walking out of the dugout after our game I noticed there was a glove left behind. A very well broken in A2000-XLO that looked like it was someone's baby. I knew it was no one on our team and didn't really trust putting it in lost and found. I looked up on our leagues website who played there the game before us and what the captains name was. Found him and a few of the other guys on the team on Facebook and tossed them messages. Not being friends or having any friends in common resulted in all the messages going to the OTHER folder, which if you know anything about Facebook, 90% of people don't even check those. The following week I knew that someone was going to be very disappointed to be missing it. Looked up their team schedule and showed up to the fields 3 hours before my game so I could find the owner. Found the team and told them about the glove but it was none of theirs and hadn't heard of anyone missing one. Low and behold, I see a guy walk in the dugout, open his bag and get a look of devastation on his face. Just as soon as he says "MY GLOVE IS GONE" his teammate points to me sitting in the stands and says he has it. The thankfulness I received that day made the hassle of this whole ordeal so ****ing worth it.

ANNASDAD

The Veteran

Few months back when walking out of the dugout after our game I noticed there was a glove left behind. A very well broken in A2000-XLO that looked like it was someone's baby. I knew it was no one on our team and didn't really trust putting it in lost and found. I looked up on our leagues website who played there the game before us and what the captains name was. Found him and a few of the other guys on the team on Facebook and tossed them messages. Not being friends or having any friends in common resulted in all the messages going to the OTHER folder, which if you know anything about Facebook, 90% of people don't even check those. The following week I knew that someone was going to be very disappointed to be missing it. Looked up their team schedule and showed up to the fields 3 hours before my game so I could find the owner. Found the team and told them about the glove but it was none of theirs and hadn't heard of anyone missing one. Low and behold, I see a guy walk in the dugout, open his bag and get a look of devastation on his face. Just as soon as he says "MY GLOVE IS GONE" his teammate points to me sitting in the stands and says he has it. The thankfulness I received that day made the hassle of this whole ordeal so ****ing worth it.

I have a 30+ year old A2000 XLO that I love ! If I lost it and you found and returned it, you and your significant other would be eating a very nice steak dinner that very night !

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
For 25 years I played at a city softball complex, it had 4 fields total. 3 men's fields and a female field. This place was old and very worn, probably used 6 days a week for 10 months out of the year. The way the fields were laid out the main road going to the parking lot was visible by 3 fields. Every time someone would leave out of the parking lot onto the main road with a glove on their roof you would hear a 100 people (ok, maybe not 100) screaming at the driver to stop !! It seemed like it happened on a nightly basis. The times that the driver would stop, those 100 people would cheer and clap their hands. Everybody there knew what just happened. My daughter plays 14U travel ball and she knows to never, ever put her glove on a car !

bigmac25, good luck finding your glove. Most "normal" people don't realize just how much a great ball glove means to glove people. I really hope you get it back cause it's something that will bother you forever. I know, I'm one of the idiot's who didn't stop !

bigmac25

Extra Hitter

you win the good dude award! gold star, the world needs more people like you. SERIOUSLY

bigmac25

Extra Hitter
For 25 years I played at a city softball complex, it had 4 fields total. 3 men's fields and a female field. This place was old and very worn, probably used 6 days a week for 10 months out of the year. The way the fields were laid out the main road going to the parking lot was visible by 3 fields. Every time someone would leave out of the parking lot onto the main road with a glove on their roof you would hear a 100 people (ok, maybe not 100) screaming at the driver to stop !! It seemed like it happened on a nightly basis. The times that the driver would stop, those 100 people would cheer and clap their hands. Everybody there knew what just happened. My daughter plays 14U travel ball and she knows to never, ever put her glove on a car !

bigmac25, good luck finding your glove. Most "normal" people don't realize just how much a great ball glove means to glove people. I really hope you get it back cause it's something that will bother you forever. I know, I'm one of the idiot's who didn't stop !

AWWW, I'm sorry :( I feel your pain. Tonight is when Ill make the decision to replace her. If its not in a bag, the someone must have actually stolen it. That is very upsetting as I'll never know who it was. I dont think it was a teammate but as i mentioned, it would have been nearly impossible for someone to come up take it and leave. I have not for one moment even considered it was a teammate. Maybe its naive, but after spending a few summers with these guys we've been through a lot and as a bunch of 30 somethings if someone wants a glove they can just go get one. Plus, no one else really plays 1st or has a need. I guess maybe they could steal to sell, but is that really worth it? an avg person wouldnt know what made that glove kinda special in the 1st place. I just dont know but thinking about that makes me more sad i think then it being gone. Plus, its not like i walked away and left it... id deserve losing it in that case.

bimmerpilot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Had a GMP70BK "walk away" from my bag after the Semi-Final game

Didn't notice it until I was home, since my bag was already packed up...

Better than 99% certain I found it listed on eBay about a week later from a close regional listing :eek:

whogotz

dilligaf?
i had a glove disappear - asked the team that came into the dugout after us multiple times - knew someone was being a d-bag; years later i am playing with a dude - and there is my glove - i told him right away i bet he got that from someone on that team - we worked out a deal - and i got my glove back - wasnt his fault - he didnt know it was stolen - i believe he went back and got his money from the thief