Anyone have info on "the A2000" 1798

mreedjr14

Anyone know when they were made? I might look into getting one to add to my collection but I literally have never heard of the model before today. Any info will help. Thanks.

Safe at First

I'm not sure about the age of "the Wilson A2000", Korean made, or if they were all the same quality. Recently a friend gave me an EBay purchased one to repair and relace. Terrible leather, a vinyl back for the hand stall and lots of plastic used for structure and stiffness. The internal liner was a work glove with plastic stiffeners stapled to the fingers. Absolute crap! We tossed it.
Not a total loss, the thumb loop was recycled into another glove.

Last edited:

ry_man_gloves

I'm not sure about the age of "the Wilson A2000", Korean made, or if they were all the same quality. Recently a friend gave me an EBay purchased one to repair and relace. Terrible leather, a vinyl back for the hand stall and lots of plastic used for structure and stiffness. The internal liner was a work glove with plastic stiffeners stapled to the fingers. Absolute crap! We tossed it.
Not a total loss, the thumb loop was recycled into another glove.

Wilson gloves have never been made in Korea. Those are all counterfeits.

Reactions: NYC

moren025

Addicted to Softballfans
I remember when we would fly into South Korea when I was in the Navy late 80’s- early 90’s. I’d pick up Wilson and Reebok knock-off gloves for my teammates in Hawaii. Remember if we were lucky it would last a year of softball :)

beeblebobble

Starting Player
I remember when we would fly into South Korea when I was in the Navy late 80’s- early 90’s. I’d pick up Wilson and Reebok knock-off gloves for my teammates in Hawaii. Remember if we were lucky it would last a year of softball :)
They're pretty amazing over there. I was stationed up in Camp Greaves and we'd go down to Seoul and Itaweon would have anything you could imagine, some of the quality was actually pretty good. I had a "columbia" winter coat last me for years. Bring a picture of what you wanted and one week and a week later you could buy it for a fraction of the cost.

moren025

Addicted to Softballfans
They're pretty amazing over there. I was stationed up in Camp Greaves and we'd go down to Seoul and Itaweon would have anything you could imagine, some of the quality was actually pretty good. I had a "columbia" winter coat last me for years. Bring a picture of what you wanted and one week and a week later you could buy it for a fraction of the cost.
Yes they were on the reproduction, just some great looking stuff on the cheap! We would occasionally do ops out of Osan or Kusan and everyone would volunteer when that detachment came up. Good times.