Anyone hit the freak 20th asa short barrel?

i have a return coming for a f23 that busted fairly quickly. That f23 did not perform anywhere close to the freak pt maxload from last year. Not sure if i should just go with the long barrel and pray that its a repaint or roll the dice and recieve a nr short barrel balanced bat.

Long barrel hit very well, but i love the feel of the short barrel. I was hoping the balanced Is completely different than f23.

yank

Addicted to Softballfans
I really think miken has not done real well with there short barrels as far as performance.Dont know why.

Donger73

Addicted to Softballfans
I really think miken has not done real well with there short barrels as far as performance.Dont know why.

I respectfully disagree about performance. I feel it is there but these things snapping at the 300 mark approx. is lame. Unless you equate performance to include durability, then I agree

Get a long barrel, theres something in the short barrel ASA that i’m not a fan of...

I am with you something is off, and its durability lol. Long barrel for sure, DC41 if you want a sledge or maxload are they ways to go in this line IMO.

@Jusrah99 Does this apply to both the k23 and the 20th?

I've swung both, KP23 > 20th for performance. We cracked the 23 and the Bal has more webs now than spiderman's house both at or about the 300 swing mark.

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!
@Jusrah99 Does this apply to both the k23 and the 20th?

I’m going say that the short barrel 20th is going to be the same frame as the Freak23 with different weighting.

I havent swung it, but i did swing the Freak23 ASA along with a bunch of other new line bats.

The Freak23 performed well, i just didn’t like it for some reason. The Harvey, Freak 20th Maxload, BB Legit, and 18’ EST XL felt way better.

I will say that i do prefer a long barrel, half oz EL, but we also swung the Miken Riot, which is basically a Freak23 Utrip, and a Freak 30, and that felt way better than the ASA version.

Overall, its not that it didn’t perform ok, it just felt off...and i chose to go with what performs well, but also feels amazing...so i went with the Harvey. I would suggest sticking to the long barrels if you’ve had success with it.

yank

Addicted to Softballfans
I respectfully disagree about performance. I feel it is there but these things snapping at the 300 mark approx. is lame. Unless you equate performance to include durability, then I agree

Not to say they are bad but for me strictly ASA the short barrel just seems a little behind for me compared to say the platinum and worth legit just IMO of course.

I am with you something is off, and its durability lol. Long barrel for sure, DC41 if you want a sledge or maxload are they ways to go in this line IMO.

I've swung both, KP23 > 20th for performance. We cracked the 23 and the Bal has more webs now than spiderman's house both at or about the 300 swing mark.

I've swung both, KP23 > 20th for performance. We cracked the 23 and the Bal has more webs now than spiderman's house both at or about the 300 swing mark.[/QUOTE]

Really disappointing news about the asa short barrels. I am a huge fan of both performance and feel of the utrip short barrels.

Guess i will go with a dc41 for a return

Jusrah99

Really disappointing news about the asa short barrels. I am a huge fan of both performance and feel of the utrip short barrels.

Guess i will go with a dc41 for a return

If you like a lighter EL, i suggest the Freak 20th Maxload...great bat too!

fozzie33

Starting Player
i swung it yesterday in BP, and it was really mashing the 52's off my tee and that was directly from the wrapper.

southpaw15

Addicted to Softballfans
I tested the ASA short barrel bats, and put well over 1000 swings on the prototypes, and now I have close to 1000 swings in the KP23 ASA bat and there are no cracks what so ever. I have hit nothing but Hot Dots and Dudley HyCor .52 cor balls, in 30-40 degree weather, and been super pleased with performance and durability. It took about 200 swings for each bat to reach optimal performance, but have been very happy with how it matches up to the Monsta's, Demarini's, and Ghost.

If you hit anything other than a .52 cor ball, you will likely have spiral cracks, "shark-tooth" cracks, etc. These bats are specifically designed for the ASA .52/300, and not a Classic M, .44/375, or other ball. We tested those balls against these bats, and know how quickly they will break and fail at durability. If you hit only .52/300 or the .52/275, you won't be disappointed in the performance or durability.

Dan Bean
Precision/3rd Street/Bull Dawg

jhitman

I have the long barrel. Put some swings on it the other day and it was pretty stiff. How long before this bat opens up. Only hitting 52's and put about 50 swings on it so far.

BOLTMAN21

Manager
Get a long barrel, theres something in the short barrel ASA that i’m not a fan of...
I loved my KP23 ASA!!! ..... until I hit it next to a 13.5 with an inner barrel and realized how far behind it was in comparison. I think in 12" the outer barrel doesn't flex enough to make the ball trampoline off the inner barrel. Feels way less responsive.

Jusrah99

I loved my KP23 ASA!!! ..... until I hit it next to a 13.5 with an inner barrel and realized how far behind it was in comparison. I think in 12" the outer barrel doesn't flex enough to make the ball trampoline off the inner barrel. Feels way less responsive.

I don’t know what it is...didn’t have enough swings on it to see if it needed to open up more...but the long barrels felt better right outta the wrapper...

If only i had a blue line to try :D

BOLTMAN21

Manager
I don’t know what it is...didn’t have enough swings on it to see if it needed to open up more...but the long barrels felt better right outta the wrapper...

If only i had a blue line to try :D
The Blue line ASA , although it is a 12" barrel, performs really well! Feels very fragile though. Loud. Crackly sound. Immediately webbed up. My KP23 is at like 300 hits and still way behind the long barrel stuff :(