For Sale Anyone need a cheap LHT glove?

mychal

BET+UNCF+BASA+BHM=STFU
I was in a thrift store at lunchtime and saw a LHT Wilson A9000 series glove with the dual hinge web. Big enough for softball. Looks lightly used (maybe a season) and still needs to be broken in/shaped.

They had it marked $5, but I don't know anyone who needs a LHT glove right now so I figured I'd do a good deed and see if anyone here wants it.

Shipping will probably be about $5, so $10 shipped should work.

LMK and I'll stop to pick it up on my way home.

(p.s. no, I'm not driving back to take pics or get the exact model number, you'll have to trust me that this glove is definitely worth $10... )

Last edited:

mychal

BET+UNCF+BASA+BHM=STFU
Update... called and got the lady to hold it for me. She said it's a Wilson Staff series A9726 and it has a name written in Sharpie on the thumb in small letters. US Cowhide. That's all the details she was able to give me.

Last edited:

MF'N MGR

Addicted to Softballfans
man i can't find a single piece of info on that glove, but since you said it's only worth a ten spot it might not be worth stopping back at the thrift store....right? haha...man i'm such friggin sucker for deals...my head says paypal the loot, but my wallet asks what do i need a lht glove for?

mychal

BET+UNCF+BASA+BHM=STFU
man i can't find a single piece of info on that glove, but since you said it's only worth a ten spot it might not be worth stopping back at the thrift store....right? haha...man i'm such friggin sucker for deals...my head says paypal the loot, but my wallet asks what do i need a lht glove for?

haha, I actually think it's nicer than a $10 glove. I'd probably pay $25 or so for it if it was RHT and I was looking for one. It's higher quality than what you could walk into Walmart or Sports authority and get for $20. It's real leather (not plastic/pleather), so for that alone it beats anything in the "dirt cheap" category.

If it was RHT I'd keep it for myself and break it in for a backup. For $5, I could just take it with me to the park and ask the lefties if any of them need a glove. The problem is there are usually only 1-2 per team and a lot of them play 1B and don't use a normal glove.

I'll probably stop by and grab it anyway, but I'm just like you - the only reason I didn't is that I have zero use for a LHT glove.

Let me know if you want it. I could probably get a pic of it tonight, but it's obviously not very high on my priority list.

mossman

That's how we dooze it!
Are you freakin kiddin me! Late again, never get the good deals. Anyway I'll stand 3rd in line for this.

mychal

BET+UNCF+BASA+BHM=STFU
Glove got shipped yesterday after work. Sorry I didn't have any more for everybody else...