Anyone swung the 2016 MV1?

Whitey0817

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm curious as well, also wondering about the low price point and if its just a repaint of something from last year? I sure did love the original MV1's

slick303

B(.)(.)BS
Yes let's hear the reviews as they come in. I loved the Og and would like one if it is similar. Z1k05, how do you know it won't be similar?

halestorm34

Addicted to Softballfans
I got to go out and swing my new MV-1 today. We hit mainly 44/400 but these are WELL used. Definitely not hot out of the wrapper. It was decent. Good line drive but not much pop. Half way through my 3rd round (about 150 cuts) it started to open up. The last 2 balls I hit cleared the fence by 15 or 20 feet. I can't wait to get more swings on it to really open it up. I had a balanced MV-1 before and If it opens like the rest of the new Miken's it will be a Great bat for the price.

Whitey0817

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm wondering if this is just a psycho with different paint and 1/2oz endload instead of the balanced or supermax psycho, my buddy got his and says it feels the same as his psycho

halestorm34

Addicted to Softballfans
I put about another 120 more cuts on mine yesterday. We hit a little of everything (52's to Stadium balls). It is still not a gamer yet but is getting there. The line drive come off pretty good but distance is still lacking. I'm sure it will eventually get there with a couple hundred more swings. Luckily I have 2 of last years DC's in my bag ahead of it so I can wait for it to open up. I have a tournament this weekend might take a few cuts in a game with it.

Last edited:

halestorm34

Addicted to Softballfans
I have 500-600 swing on it now and still no change. Very disappointed so far. I am a huge fan of the original and reissues. Thinking very hard about getting rid of it.