anyone swung the z4k

milocoman

Administrator
Staff member
Hearing really good things on them. Got a demo here in the store if you are local. If not PM me I can ship you a new one for a good price.

Caddy

Manager
I swung the dual stamp yest. it was fresh out of the wrapper and we hit mainly 52/275's w/ a few old 44's mixed in outdoors in 75 degree sunny cali weather. The texture on the bat is like sand paper and makes it easy to "cut" the ball. Exit speed was good. Distance was there when you cut the ball but knuckled a lot when you hit it on the screws. Feels almost identical to the ASA Z3k...with a slightly stiffer barrel.

slomaro

Addicted to Softballfans
The dual stamp looks to be a turd . Watched a couple regular guys struggle to hit the ball 275 at best with the dual stamp with just no exit speed. These same guys were clearing the 300 fence with out of the wrapper 2015 Z2Ks.

BombxDropper

Addicted to Softballfans
Got a 27oz EL (green) one of my favorite ones so far. Have about 250 swings on mines and extremely impressed, no stress marks. Hit anything from 52/300 to 47/525 balls. Gonna look into the Dual stamp soon and see how they are.

birdman12

Addicted to Softballfans
I swung the dual stamp and it smashed the 52's. Just didn't like the stock grip due to the thickness.

charlied

Addicted to Softballfans
Hit a 28oz dual stamp and liked it, I usually swing 27oz. The Backman was super endload for me and noticeable. The Dual stamp bat cracked tonight in the Demo, guess it had around 4000 hits so not bad. I hit right before it cracked and it hit nice.

THESHOE

Starting Player
If the ball isn't a 52/300 then they are hitting the wrong bat for the ball, and that would explain the issue.

It is a softer barrel meant for the 52/300 type of ball. The regular utrip will hit the harder stuff significantly better and more like the Z2 does.

For the guys hitting Hot Dots with the Dual, I am hearing this to be unbelievable. You are the first I've read of a turd comment.

The dual stamp looks to be a turd . Watched a couple regular guys struggle to hit the ball 275 at best with the dual stamp with just no exit speed. These same guys were clearing the 300 fence with out of the wrapper 2015 Z2Ks.

KoolAid

I hit a USSSA Z4k 27 EL with classic M's this past weekend. It hit them so-so. No better than any other upper end bat IMO. I normally swing 26 EL the 27 EL felt very light to me. The endload felt like .5oz if that. I did not really care for the flex much either. If you are looking to buy one consider going up an oz if you don't have a chance to swing someone else's first.

has anyone hit these with the lower comp balls? like 52s?

philphan89

Addicted to Softballfans
I hit a USSSA Z4k 27 EL with classic M's this past weekend. It hit them so-so. No better than any other upper end bat IMO. I normally swing 26 EL the 27 EL felt very light to me. The endload felt like .5oz if that. I did not really care for the flex much either. If you are looking to buy one consider going up an oz if you don't have a chance to swing someone else's first.

thanks man i got one already and love the weight. I only hit them with the freedom balls down at worlds so i didn't know how it would fair against the lower comp of NSA