anyone try MTZ gloves made in mexico?

zls1camaro

Addicted to Softballfans
woooo. take it easy now, you takin your meds? simply lookin for something different... notice heard.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
It just seems that about once per month there is a similar post. And often the poster says something like "a few guys on my team have them and they are really awesome." 1) if you have had them on your hand and they are awesome, no need to ask here, and 2) as often as this happens, it makes me wonder if the poster asking has a vested interest and is trying to market the brand through the post. And no one on the forum likes to feel like they are being played.

You may be genuinely asking a legit question, but this is what you are jumping into.

I have not heard of MTZ. I have seen some decent Mexican gloves and some garbage. So hard to know.

LineDriver5

Gloves > Bats
It just seems that about once per month there is a similar post. And often the poster says something like "a few guys on my team have them and they are really awesome." 1) if you have had them on your hand and they are awesome, no need to ask here, and 2) as often as this happens, it makes me wonder if the poster asking has a vested interest and is trying to market the brand through the post. And no one on the forum likes to feel like they are being played.

You may be genuinely asking a legit question, but this is what you are jumping into.

I have not heard of MTZ. I have seen some decent Mexican gloves and some garbage. So hard to know.

Well said. Rolin is Mexican I think, have had awesome rolins and one really crappy one..

Jen_16

Coach
They're all for little leaguers who want soft gloves that come game ready. Kids will use the same flat busted up glove for years bc they don't know how to break in a good glove. 10u girls compounds it! I can count on one hand the number of girls who could identify a good quality glove, with the Mayor and I being two. There's a reason the big three don't make gloves in Mexico...

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
The best gloves not made in America come from a country whos language does not have an F in the alphabit or when spoken cant pronounce an R in English, LOL.

zls1camaro

Addicted to Softballfans
HOT topic... yea... poke... so i HEAR generally that mexican made gloves suck. Which I find it difficult to swallow that they all suck. I was familiar with the general disdain for them... which is why i specifically asked about this brand MTZ. being a marketing guy i understand the ease with which one brand can be a cancer to others... and the entire category can suffer. i was not asking about mexican gloves in general... but rather the MTZ brand. gloves im sure are no different than other products... you get what you pay for. american cars some are good, some suck. I would guess a cheap mexican glove is a cheap glove --- and a $150- $180 mexican made glove to be good. ie mtz $150 ish.

maybe the measure of any brand is... are any pros or college guys using the brand? and does one pro user qualfy a brand or a minimum of say, 6?

the pot is stirred.

A Cy 617

Dad, Fire fighter, bat flipper.
Dude, spend the 150 on a MTZ glove. When you hate it, and trust me you will. Good luck selling the POS for $60.

How about you stop being cheap and take the 150, save it. Get together 50 more dollars and get a DM exclusive rawlings, or tpx pro flare and not have to reinvest in a glove for another 5-10 years..

End this thread LOL

clementeunknown

Addicted to Softballfans
I just bought a Rawlings Pro Preferred for $145. I would much rather go that way than Mexican leather. I bought a Rolin once, I believe the word Rolin to be a phonetic translation of Rawlings, and I would compare it to the Gold Glove series

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Well said. Rolin is Mexican I think, have had awesome rolins and one really crappy one..

I know someone else with this exact same experience. After a couple of nice ones, one with a bad wrinkle is palm from get go and shearling that felt like cheese cloth.

Jen_16

Coach
You can tell the leather sucks by looking at their gallery of customs. Leather that's wrinkled and textured before use is going to be flimsy and worthless once used. But again, if its for a little leaguer or a girl go all in. Those two categories of players want flash and won't know the difference.

zls1camaro

Addicted to Softballfans
oh my... sounds like somone is taking too many steroids. Yes lets put this thread to rest. No MTZ for me. I gotta go take bp and throw the ball around the yard with my A2000 usa.....:) hope you hit em far!

Last edited:

MrNixter

Addicted to Softballfans
All you roid ragers need to take it easy. :rolleyes:

Sorry about going off the handle like that guys.