Anything I shouldn’t hit with an STI-1?

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
Are there any balls that I shouldn’t hit with an Easton Ti. I have some .44 Hot Maxes and .44/575’s. I wouldn’t be concerned with .47’s, but I thought I would double check before hitting the .44’s.

Last edited:

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
No ST1-Z involved here. STI-1 is the original Tiphoon. Perhaps there’s no dash. Maybe it’s STi1. I have heard of damage as possible, but rare, and I’m not sure what circumstances that ever occurred under. It obviously could been in low temps. The .44/575’s have damaged some of my other metal that was never harmed hitting .47/525’s. Also, those Hot Maxes are SUPPOSEDLY over 600lbs compression.

Country469

Its not supposedly. Some are, some aren't. Current SB manufacturing processes do not have the QC to be exact like that. One batch could be 44 625 another could be 44 500

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
Its not supposedly. Some are, some aren't. Current SB manufacturing processes do not have the QC to be exact like that. One batch could be 44 625 another could be 44 500

Well the supposed part is just that the first batches were marked at 600 or 650, but they changed the cover to say “min comp 575lbs” because they were selling primarily to guys playing in non-sanctioned leagues using ball rules like max compression of 575lbs etc. and the changed labeling allowed guys to slip them in. I was playing in a non-sanctioned league that simply limited balls to .44 COR or lower. Additionally, I could not tell any difference between them and .44/525 Dudley’s, and .44/575 Deckers. Assuming the Dudleys were close to 525, the Evils did not perform like they were 75-125lbs harder. Either way, I have some wave ESTs and a waved Techwrap that were perfectly round after years of hitting .47/525s and USSSA Distance balls in all temps, so the hard .44’s are definitely a lot harder on bats than the .47’s were. I wish I had a bucket of .47’s for BP fun. I like to whip out the old bats, and would love to do so without worrying about them, but without dropping to M’s and Pluses which is what is in the rest of my BP buckets.

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
Not as strong as I used to be, but I hit just as hard. I’ve hit plenty of accidental DBO’s with a 36oz Clincher. I’ve blown up some single walls in warm temps, and triangled a prototype 32oz TZ in a single round at 59 degrees. Because I tend to collect older bats that are difficult to replace, I try to be careful with them.

Last edited: