Apex Bullets single layer

snacks

Has anyone used these? If so what did you think.

The single layers I've used so far and the rank I'd put them in:
1. Xrock
2. Tattoo
3. ZN
4. SY

I would buy the xrocks again but it was $70 to get them, the ZN's just don't fly as far compared to the xrocks.

Buying in half dozen was nice.

motownjc

Addicted to Softballfans
my team plays NSA and hits the 44. 400 bullet ball, its great! has the feel like the old TA.

Apex

Addicted to Softballfans
thanks guys.. yes there a single layer b all for 2012 NSA rule change.. its the small seams that gets it to carry so well.. give them a try..good luck

jslick324

Addicted to Softballfans
good question. You guys have only played one NSA tourney, play more Utrip over there? I run the St.Louis Knights

We actually play a lot of ASA. USSSA is big on the Kansas side of KC, but most of our guys are from Mid-MO, so pretty far drive from Columbia to Lenexa for just a one day, Saturday only tourney.

I'm hoping that NSA D State has a good turn out (40 teams last year at Pevely, I believe). The Fountain Bluff complexin Liberty, MO is pheonominal. It's used for youth sports 90% of the year, so having state there is a big deal. I just don't see near as many St. Louis area teams making the trip to KC that played last year, and the local director of NSA in KC has scared off a lot of our own teams.

I'm sure I will see you around, best of luck!!!

dodge1

Addicted to Softballfans
We hit Apex Bullets all weekend with great results. In the heat they are much better than the Thunder ZNs. They hit close to the Thunder Advances in my opinion.

touch415

YoU Ain't ReAdY
great ball been using them for bp, but very fragile cover some of the rip up on the first round of bp, guy told he had a couple bad batch of balls, that his correcting .....

touch415

YoU Ain't ReAdY
eed9ac06.jpg

32f77b19.jpg

fec59b11.jpg

dodge1

Addicted to Softballfans
The covers on ours got scuffed whenever they hit the fence, but it was only the optic yellow that was coming off the ball. They were not cut, just the yellow was coming off. They were not as bad as the ones pictured above.

jlhawkins9

Addicted to Softballfans
We bought a dozen this last weekend. We cut 3 balls the first game. The ball will fly but they dont hold up..

snacks

I used one last night in 85+ degrees and it does fly and I didn't notice any cuts but it wasn't in the field for long lol, in fact I lost it beyond the fences. The balls we were using also were the ZN's and some used xrocks. The Bullets flew just as well as the xrocks if not better and the ZN's were no match.

Apex

Addicted to Softballfans
Some of the new covers did get softer than I wanted, there grippy to grab the bat to spin the ball but it scratches more than we had anticipated they would, but the covers will get perfected.. doesnt affect flight, covers dont cut that you cant use them, some do get scratched.. but the ball and core seams are GREAT.. 8 state champs and counting.. but the ball will get perfected.. peace

jd37055

Addicted to Softballfans
We hit the apex ball today. Couldn't. Keep it in the park. The covers wont last a game but dang they go!

hittingbombs

Banned User
Won NSA C state yesterday, and the team we played in the championship game was using the Bullets, and they were clearly and hands down better than our ZN's. The balls only had a very slight cut in the cover on one of the balls after a full tourny of games. Unless you are mi****ting balls or hitting them onto concrete, there shouldnt be any issues with the covers. I will be picking some up very soon. Great job Apex!!! Very quality ball!

Apex

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks for the shout out hitting bombs I'm glad you guys like the ball and good job on C state the ball isn't perfect but I'm trying like hell to make it perfect for all the softballers just like you I just want a good ball that will last and perform and to be consistent good luck to all. And post a pic on my Facebook. I love that suff

jd37055

Addicted to Softballfans
I think you made an awesome ball. Even if the cover doesnt hold up the ball is great.
We hit 4 different ball this past weekend. I would rank them
1. Bullet
2. Tattoo (tie)
2. Evil (tie)
4. ZN

Just my thoughts on the apex

Country35

Banned User
if they are cutting they should be thrown out of a game..........if a ball cant make it through one game IDC how well it hits its not worth it. I'll take 5 less feet and a 335' HR to be able to save 30 bucks a tourney.

snacks

I think you made an awesome ball. Even if the cover doesnt hold up the ball is great.
We hit 4 different ball this past weekend. I would rank them
1. Bullet
2. Tattoo (tie)
2. Evil (tie)
4. ZN

Just my thoughts on the apex

I will agree with this list.......We took some to NSA D state this past weekend and they did exceptionally well, only some scratches on the covers, no cuts. These suckers fly, if the cover situation gets perfected then I think these will be the go to balls for a while. (edit: I have not tried the Evil HOT's yet)

Apex

Addicted to Softballfans
thanks guys its got a lot of science to it, the covers were designed to grip the bat to help spin the ball but some times they get scuffed (not cut) doesn't effect ball performance flight etc. but we are always looking to perfect.. thanks again.. good luck