For Sale April Horween Limited PRO504 Has arrived

Projectcam

Chad, Bunt, why the decision to not go with hand sewn welt on the 504? Just curious.
This? The welting on the thump side would have been perfect if it was on the other side. I’ll have to file the leather down, it rubs the top of my thumb pretty good

OsDad

#77 just showed up today. Any Ray Borque fans out there?

NpZFyzA.jpg

FklUGgm.jpg

Got one coming, wanted to compare it to my KB17 which I still have never used. One of them may be finding a new home shortly? If this 504 favors the NP pattern, the Kris Bryant may find itself homeless. :D
If you decide to rehome the KB I know a buyer... it’s me

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
Chad, Bunt, why the decision to not go with hand sewn welt on the 504? Just curious.
We were not offered a chance to do HSW on the 504 so assuming it is not an option for that pattern?
Thankfully not. With the possibility of only one shot at this, I would have flown to Kalamazoo and challanged you to a duel (of some sort) outside the storefront had HSW been considered on the 504. :D

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
Its done for guys that don’t wear a batting glove with fingers slightly out of the stalls. The welting makes a high spot on the leather on the inside of the the glove and it will rub your skin open fairly quickly.
hmmm okay. Thanks for the info. I had no idea it had a purpose outside of aesthetics
The index welting has this issue more (possibly why Rawlings refuses to add it back as an option without pulling teeth) and you can sometimes feel the welting on your index fingernail. I honestly have never had an issue with the welting rubbing either the thumb or pinky inside the handstall (the thumb and pinky loops basically acts as padding). That very well could be the reason Rawlings uses to justify HSW with a practical purpose (but it just traded durability issues on the exterior). If the thumb welting rubbing truly were an issue, no glove company would incorporate it into their design (but Rawlings is one of the only companies out there featuring HSW). IMO, HSW is better suited for pitching or OF gloves (IF dirt tears up the HSW threading) and is 90-95% aesthetic versus practical.

Wally Gator

Starting Player
Thankfully not. With the possibility of only one shot at this, I would have flown to Kalamazoo and challanged you to a duel (of some sort) outside the storefront had HSW been considered on the 504. :D
Enough room there for an 1/8 mile drag race for pink slips.