Are Combat bats really "hot out of the wrapper"?

Hurk

Star Player
Just curious...........

Some of them are, like the Guilt. Some of them are good out of the wrapper but hotter after about 50-100 swings (the ones with PED).

Some of them take a little opening up - like some of the uTrip only bats.

linogall

Addicted to Softballfans
I got myself a bunch of Combats to use, choose, gamer, then hold on to for a bit.

ASA:
BHOSE

USSSA:
Bhose
Rogo
Plague
Portent

All-Stamp:
Rogo

Which is the best?? I play alot of each....
Thanks.

THESHOE

Starting Player
I can vouch my Assault G4 2pc bat screamed the ball on the first few pitches.

And continues to do so.

Not sure about older models, but yeah i'd say the G4 Assault line is.

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
Just curious...........

Cant group them all together. Bats are different. I will say they do make one model for sure that is game ready in the box.
Also depends on the ball being used in those games.
This could be the answer for most legit companies these days. Except the Blackout, most bats are ready with minimal swings.

THESHOE

Starting Player
Fixed :biggthumpup:

But seriously, you are pretty close to right. But I wouldn't call 500+ cuts to wake up a L1 2014 "minimal" swings.

I have noticed the recent Combat and Miken/Worth lines to be very true to this though.

To my surprise after a hiatus with DeMarini, the Aftermath too was straight fire out of wrapper and on 52's to boot. Just like the Combat G4 2pc.

Mako Torq remains to be seen, but will say 100 swings in, it is not g2g out of wrapper like DC's etc... But no doubt it feels like it will take less time than I've been used to with previous Eastons.

Blackout was a pain in the arse. Although, very often said I wish they tried making a 2pc version of it with a bit more flex.

Except the Blackout, AND EASTONS Pre-2015 Raw Power Line (Mako Excluded) most bats are ready with minimal swings.

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
that was realitive to pre 2012 stamp change.
Also, I thought that it was a given with most Eastons, so I didn't even bring them up:):)
Thanks for the fix!

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
I got myself a bunch of Combats to use, choose, gamer, then hold on to for a bit.

ASA:
BHOSE

USSSA:
Bhose
Rogo
Plague
Portent

All-Stamp:
Rogo

Which is the best?? I play alot of each....
Thanks.

For a balanced feel.........that Rogo will be hard to beat. Very impressed so far. I have not swung the newest Plague or Bhose, though

linogall

Addicted to Softballfans
I've read on here that the new Bhose USSSA is the same as the 2 piece Orange Assault.....

True?

I open up this weekend playing U-Trip and am debating on which to bring along with my gamer 100h...

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
The new utrip bhose is fire out the wrapper, but not sure how long it will last.

I think this will be my next bat.

In my experience the utrip bats take anywhere from 50-150 swings to get really good and the asa only take cliser to 500. I'm not saying they're not really good with the 52s before that, but that's where they start really killing 44s for me.

Hurk

Star Player
I think this will be my next bat.

In my experience the utrip bats take anywhere from 50-150 swings to get really good and the asa only take cliser to 500. I'm not saying they're not really good with the 52s before that, but that's where they start really killing 44s for me.

My Assault G4 2 piece opened up and you noticed the sound of it drop and after that, which took me about 100 hits was game ready for sure. Fantastic bat, might be my gamer.

I've read on here that the new Bhose USSSA is the same as the 2 piece Orange Assault.....

True?
Someone said it's the same bat with maybe a stiffer handle.

The new utrip bhose is fire out the wrapper, but not sure how long it will last.

Some of the Assault 4 demo bats are well over 1000 hits so far. Just make sure you have a receipt and swing away :D

oster20

Addicted to Softballfans
Roughly how many swings does it take the Bhose green and white asa to wake up?
How hot will it get?

THESHOE

Starting Player
Assault G4 2pc will be mine early on. Straight flamethrower out of wrapper.

About 25ish tee cuts. I wasn't sure.

Next BP against pitching it was g2g, hot as a mutha____.

Sold. For now, unless Aftermath and Easton Mako find a new gear this thing is on a next level of heat.

Nicely webbing first BP in.

If it isn't durable, idgaf. Take the NR and i'll buy another just to get through the year. Nothing else has hit like this for me to date so fast.

My Assault G4 2 piece opened up and you noticed the sound of it drop and after that, which took me about 100 hits was game ready for sure. Fantastic bat, might be my gamer.

Someone said it's the same bat with maybe a stiffer handle.

Some of the Assault 4 demo bats are well over 1000 hits so far. Just make sure you have a receipt and swing away :D

Last edited:

Fuzz

Extra Hitter
I have yet to hit any bat that's hot out of the wrapper. I can usually go to war with minimal swings, but I hit one spot really consistent. The closest bat I've had to being "hot" out of the wrapper is the avarice g2. I hit 20-30 hand tossed balls then peeled the wrapper off to go to my game. Greinert I gamed from 25-up, but ss didn't open up until around 100-150. VTS opened up around 50-75. I used 44/400s

THESHOE

Starting Player
All of those are pretty damn minimal compared to other brands though.

Before my G4 which was good about midway through my first round of BP with it... (about a dozen hits and it began spitting some of my PR's)

Earliest i'd have called a bat a gamer ready was DC41 White 2pc at about 75-80 hits.

Before that was z2k ri at 200ish.

I have yet to hit any bat that's hot out of the wrapper. I can usually go to war with minimal swings, but I hit one spot really consistent. The closest bat I've had to being "hot" out of the wrapper is the avarice g2. I hit 20-30 hand tossed balls then peeled the wrapper off to go to my game. Greinert I gamed from 25-up, but ss didn't open up until around 100-150. VTS opened up around 50-75. I used 44/400s

THESHOE

Starting Player
This just keeps sounding more and more like the Assault G4 2pc... Same barrel at least.

Took about a dozen hits first round and then all of a sudden it was spitting bombs and real hard liners.

I hope no one likes them here, cause i'd hate to be in front of some of my hits.

My 2015 bhose was hot with 10 swings got about 60 now and it's fire.