Are the new ASA Blackouts awful?

Grip_&_Rip24

East Coast Assault
I have read the new ASA bats don't compete with the other asa only bats out there but I was just curious if they are at least decent? Was looking to grab one for a coed league that compression tests.. I would still definitely swing it if it could compete at all

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
I've swung two of them... One was dead even after 300 swings, but the other was fire from the get-go. I've read where others have had the same experience. The good one I swung hit just like any other blackout. Great pop and feel. Won't have ASA only performance being as it's a dual stamp, but a nice bat for sure.

Grip_&_Rip24

East Coast Assault
I've swung two of them... One was dead even after 300 swings, but the other was fire from the get-go. I've read where others have had the same experience. The good one I swung hit just like any other blackout. Great pop and feel. Won't have ASA only performance being as it's a dual stamp, but a nice bat for sure.

Thanks!!! hate to get the dud though

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
The one I had was a couple hundred swing into its life, when I purchased it. I hit a lot......a lot of winter bp with a mix of balls. The asa Blackout did fine with the 52s
It did not however blow me away. I have no need for ASA so I traded it for an Avarice.

Crusty

Addicted to Softballfans
I have had both, dud and hot. The dud is not a dud just needs a lot to open up. I had to hit it with Stadium balls for around 500 swings. It is now webbed up and hitting extremely well. My other one was GTG out of the wrapper but I only have 100 swings on that one and it is on par with the "dud". I honestly think there is something to this cause I've had USSSA models that took a bit to get going and others were great after 50-100 swings. Maybe quality control maybe a slight tweek in design. Who knows? But the ASA hits as well as many other ASA only bats once broken in. There will always be those few every year that have the wow factor such as the J3A, Mercy, DBA. But I'm honestly getting the same exit speed and distance with my ASA Blackout as I got with my Z and Eastons without having to worry about spiraling or premature breakage.

but back to the original question, how does the dual stamp hit the new 52 asa standard ball. Up here in the northern most northeast, their is no place to indoor BP and its been in the teens or lower since mid November. So us poor saps rely on you southern boys to help us sample the newer releases ( I know, its been out since august but I was out of disposable income).

I heard the blackouts were tanks and supposed to be reliable in cold weather. So buy one and use it when you get some dry weather. I know it's colder over there, but I've taken bp with my fse blackout this winter in the 30's.